Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Brand new to photography.
Only had my camera for 3 days now...
Just want some feedback and suggestions/tips

Handicapped.jpg

TrumpetFigurine.jpg

I have more but these are frickin huge..
Don't wanna exceed bandwidth or anything like that...

Opinions?

-GHO05T

The first one needs to be cropped better. The second one- if it were a brighter day it'd have been better, but the statue fades into the background. There's no 'pop' there. Also, both are angles we've all been at. Try to change it up, maybe shoot from real low and make the first a vanishing point type picture. Could try the same get low concept on the second and shoot nearly straight up the front-quarter of the statue.
Welcome to the addiction, and what do you shoot with? Kyle

i dissagree, i like the crop on #1 but it looks a little bit soft. remember to steady the camera and gently squeeze the shutter release to prevent camera shake.

the composition on the first one is interesting but seems to be a bit out of focus on some parts. On the second try shooting it without placing it centered....

The first would have been better in focus so we could see the texture better. It would have have popped even further with a boost in contrast.

The second one is a great snapshot which would work better with all of the others with it, Documentary style. It dosn't need to be arty.

Actually, the first pic is not centered, and it's not a statue.
That was the illusion I was going for.
It's a little figurine that's not taller than a small coffee table.
I propped it up on a ledge and got very low, pointing the lens up towards it to make it seem massive.

Thanks for the tip on the first one though. I was wondering about techniques for steadying the camera and that helps quite a bit.

-GHO05T

The first one needs to be cropped better. The second one- if it were a brighter day it'd have been better, but the statue fades into the background. There's no 'pop' there. Also, both are angles we've all been at. Try to change it up, maybe shoot from real low and make the first a vanishing point type picture. Could try the same get low concept on the second and shoot nearly straight up the front-quarter of the statue.
Welcome to the addiction, and what do you shoot with? Kyle

By "cropping", do you mean editing it on my computer after uploading it?
If that's the case, I haven't cropped any of my pics yet cuz I don't know how lol
When I say I'm a noob, I mean it lol

-GHO05T

Now I see what you mean about it being centered. I have two other shots of the same figurine from more dramatic angles

TrumpetFigurine2.jpg

TrumpetFigurine3.jpg

??

-GHO05T

Now I see what you mean about it being centered. I have two other shots of the same figurine from more dramatic angles

TrumpetFigurine2.jpg

??

-GHO05T

I like this one best of them. The lightning is better en the colours are good!
I also like your first photo very much. Maybe you can try to make it a little sharper next time, 'cause it looks a bit out of focus imo..

I like this one best of them. The lightning is better en the colours are good!
I also like your first photo very much. Maybe you can try to make it a little sharper next time, 'cause it looks a bit out of focus imo..

Hey thanks, Vivienne:mrgreen: (that's my mothers name)

That was one of my favorites as well.
Do you have any tips for the the other shots?

-GHO05T

Hey thanks, Vivienne:mrgreen: (that's my mothers name)

That was one of my favorites as well.
Do you have any tips for the the other shots?

-GHO05T
Funny that's your mothers name is Vivienne, you don't hear that name much!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/ga_instag8a_ga/TrumpetFigurine.jpg
I think this one is too dark. The wooden figure isn't a eyecatcher because the colours of the background are almost the same.. I do like the perspective!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/ga_instag8a_ga/TrumpetFigurine3.jpg
For this one the same, but it's better. The photo isn't so dark but the colours are still a little bit boring..

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/ga_instag8a_ga/TrumpetFigurine2.jpg
When you look at this photo you can really see that the trumpet has another colour than the wooden person! I didn't saw that on the other photos. Because of the colours and perspective I like this one best.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back