noob ? - fish eye lens cap

BLK MAGIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Noob question...

do they sell a lens cap that makes the pictures come out fish-eye? Any advantages/disadvantages to using that?

Which one is a good one, where do i buy it, and how much do they cost?

Thx

I know youre joshing us.

huh?

im lost.....................................

but they cost $128,239,124,308 and they're made from a amazing glass/titanium hybrid only found on an island off the coast of thailand. people have died getting it, but im sure you can find it

j/k with you man, but i dont think you're asking your question correctly

They make them, but what in the world would make you want to interest yourself in getting one. They are about as useless as telephoto lens "converters."

The fish eye lens adapters cost just about as much as a fisheye lens does. I would just go that route.

He isn't asking the question incorrectly, he is looking for this:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=203348412&listingid=12653693&dcaid=17902

BUT, what would make you want that when you could get a fisheye lens for about as much, is beyond me.

yeah thats what i thought he was talking about, those usually cause heavy vignetting

Thats not a lens cap. Its an adapter with a lens HOOD built into it. A lens cap is exactly what it sounds like, a cap that goes on the end of a lens to seal it up.

And if someone is able to drop 300 bucks on a decent fisheye, shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
They make them, but what in the world would make you want to interest yourself in getting one. They are about as useless as telephoto lens "converters."

The fish eye lens adapters cost just about as much as a fisheye lens does. I would just go that route.

He isn't asking the question incorrectly, he is looking for this:

DS-FEWA-37 0.3x Ultra Fisheye Adapter Lens - 37mm - DSFEWA37 - Buy.com

BUT, what would make you want that when you could get a fisheye lens for about as much, is beyond me.

that looks like the kind for a video camera, not slr lens

Hmm. You're right. References a Canon video recorder in the ad. I just looked at the item. My bad.

There are different alternatives and it depends on how much you want to spend there are the ones as posted above..
There are cheap add on ones on Ebay the quality is pretty crappy but if you just want one for fun then they are perfect.. Just type in fisheye lens and about a zillion will show up.. they run between $20-$79
Then there are actual lenses made by different companies that go for $300 + some can run upwards of $900..
I think one is called Zenitar on Ebay for around $250
Hope this helps

I didn't realize that was for a vid cam. They do make them for still cams though.

And it's easy to tell what he means. When someone says "cap," they don't necessarily mean the black solid piece that covers the lens to prevent scratches, debris, and dust. When he said cap, he meant "Object that goes on top of lens to create this effect."

they sell "telephoto lens converters" that are the same concept. They are all a waste of money.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i thought they made a little adapter that clips on like a lens cover and had the fish-eye glass so you could shoot in fish-eye and didnt have to adjust a regular shot after using PS. I didnt realize they were that expensive, I was looking for a work-around for having to buy a few hundred dollar fish eye lens.

Oh well, thanks for the info guys!

Before I bought my first SLR and was using my Minolta Dimage A2, I was this >< close to buying an $850 screw mount wide angle converter for it. Through my research, I learned what an SLR was and how foolish it would have been to buy this lens when I could get an actual wide angle SLR lens for less cash.

I left it alone for the longest time. Then after buying and owning my K10 for a year, I got myself the Sigma 10-20 for $600 and I don't regret a thing.

Oh, by the way, 'TheUndisputed', your sig is rediculous. You need to trim some of that down. We don't need to know all of that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back