Noob from Orlando... way too hot to shoot outside!

DanFSU

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys!
This is the first time I've been on any kind of photography forum or community and I hope I can learn a lot from you guys and contribute myself.

I am 26, live in Orlando, FL and yes it is way too freaking hot here to be outside... and the A/C in my car needs a recharge! I've been shooting for about 6 years, mostly landscape and random stuff. About 6 months ago I started building my modeling and commercial portfolio. All my work has been done with a Nikon D80 with 50m 1.8/f and SB-800. I love that little camera, only complaint is it's horrific ISO handing (I find myself hating ISOs over 100! LOL).

My background was in film, B&W and Velvia 50 slides. I am a purist at heart, but a digital user at my wallet!

Though a lot of people love how I light my subjects, it is the thing I know the least about and the biggest thing I want to learn more about.

So, I guess what I look forward to the most is learning more about lighting, honest critique of my work, and tips on getting noticed. I hope I can help others on here with photography as much as I am sure you guys will help me out.

So, here's the bulk of my work, check out modeling and landscape!
www.solascreative.com
My MM profile for those of you on there as well:
Model Mayhem

I look forward to what you guys have to say!
-Daniel

Last edited:
Welcome! Orlando is HOT alright! I hope you only need a recharge because a new compressor + labor will be the cost of a new len(s) and or a new slr body=) I would try to network on facebook and yes, twitter=). Try wefollow.com for twitter and you can find a niche to hook up with other photographers!

Yeah, it's only a recharge... there is a leak there somewhere but thankfully it takes over a year to become noticeable. Like right in the middle of summer!

I'm not much of a Twitter guy, though it's the place to be apparently. I am on facebook, so I'll have to try and search on there.
Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back