Noob here! Advice on my pictures

vwkid45

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Take a look at my pictures tell me what you think. Let me know if I can improve on anything. Good and bad comments welcomed!
DSC_0145_640x425.jpg

DSC_0031_640x425.jpg
DSC_0036_640x425.jpg
DSC_0053_640x425.jpg

you've some nice pictures there. Learn how you did them, then keep going and progressing, good luck

I always think a border can do so much with a photo. Try just adding a simple, black border around them, and see what it does.

Pic #1 is interesting. I like macro shots a lot. Pic #2 is lacking in color, but what you focused on was sharp. Pic #3 is awesome, really sets a tone/mood. Pic #4 looks like there was some camera shake there. Maybe you meant to do that for effect. If it wasnt on purpose, you might try a tripod, or brace yourself and the camera a bit more, or use an IS lens, especially in low light shots. Overall, very nice pics.

I think #1 would benefit from more depth. What f stop were you on?

ok i'll try to answer all the questions.

NJMAN: yes it was a camera shake, i was in a weird position.

EfergohI think #1 would benefit from more depth. What f stop were you on?

I am so new, i don't even know what f stop means, i'm still going through my maual. I rather just take pictures! my fault!

I like them. just be careful of the harsh flash in th future. Love your perspective and your shots will be like cheese and fine wine.....refined with time.

vwkid45 said:
EfergohI think #1 would benefit from more depth. What f stop were you on?

I am so new, i don't even know what f stop means, i'm still going through my maual. I rather just take pictures! my fault!

f stop is an important part of shooting.

The lower your f stop number, the wider or more open your aperature is to let in more light when you expose. The higher the number, the more your aperature is closed letting in less light.

With a higher number (smaller aperature - works like shotgun guages if you're a shooter) you will have more depth of field. That is, more of your picture will be in focus. If you want more focus on a subject, and you don't want the background to distract, use a lower f stop (more open aperature) -- that will make the background fuzzy. If you have several main subjects on different planes (distance from the lens) you will need a higher number f stop (smaller aperature) to have more depth of field.

Your photo of the CD wrappers (?) has the middle planes in focus with those items closer and further from the lens out of focus. A higher f stop would have brought those closer and further items into focus.

You shot is still a good shot. More depth of field would just give you a different effect.

Does your camera have a preview button? Most SLR cameras do (not mine, though :er: ). If you push the preview button, it should show you what will be in focus and what won't...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back