*Noob* I need help by 11:00 PM please!

iNick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So im a Noob (only been shooting for about a week and a half) and im entering a photo in the Gizmodo shooting challenge, the theme is "Abstract" and the deadline is 11PM. One of the rules is... Include 800px wide image (200KB or less) AND a 2560x1600 sized in email. (The 800px image is the one judged, so feel free to crop/alter the larger image for wallpaper-sized dimensions.)

Im a noob to Photoshop as well and i was able to resize the photos but when i resize the 800px wide image it only gets to 250KB. im not sure how to get it down to 200kb or less w/o changing the dimensions. Can someone please fill me in on how to fix this so my photo gets submitted into the challenge?
Thanks a lot guys, any info is much appreciated!

-Nick

*the photo is found here for those interested...

Green | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

In photoshop, click on "File" then "Save for Web" or "Save for Web and Devices", depending on which version you have. This screen gives you options that will let you reduce the file size. Down in the bottom left corner, under the preview, it tells you the file size and how long it will take to load. To the right of the preview are the controls. Make sure that "JPEG" is selected in the drop down box and move the quality slider to the left until the file size gets to 200KB or less. Don't go too far, or you'll start to see compression artifacts.

Good luck!

LCARSx32 thanks for your help it worked great!!

Francis E. Marchiona thanks for your comments! i really appreciate it. i doubt ill win because there are some amazing photographers that submit photos for the challenge, but its open to everyone so i figure it can't hurt to try!

Most reactions

Back