noob photographer

Shutter_Neko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So Im 21 and looking to go back to college with a photography major. I have never owned a DSLR camera before and dont know much about the terms either though ive been doing a lil reading and research on the web. I have used a P&S digital camera before and had the joy of snapping some shots of a liter of puppies which I pretty much consider the best joy of my life and horribly regret not having a advanced camera for. :( I also end up the ome taking photos at family events and vactions.(one which earned me the title camera girl from serval passengers/staff). I havnt used the latest photoshop but give me a day or 2 and ill have figured out most of the best features. Living in Atlanta I plan on doing Weddings and such for a living. But for a hobby I would really love to do underwater photography.

I like your attitude, I'm using photoshop a lot longer than that and have no idea (though the last time I saw 21 was on a neighbours front door). Welcome to the forum, enjoy

hehe I think I'll like it here. Thank you! My first goal however is getting a fund going. The cameras at my college store are 500-1200? at least for a online price. Everyone keeps saying that nikon and canon are about the same yet they porefer canon lol. xD so im at a loss really

Everyone keeps saying that nikon and canon are about the same yet they porefer canon lol. xD so im at a loss really

The people who have Canon like Canon. The people who have Nikon like Nikon. I like Nikon.

The people who have Canon like Canon. The people who have Nikon like Nikon. I like Nikon.

I agree! I find Nikon just a little better... but that's just me. Anyway welcome! I've learned quite a bit from being on here and well the people on here are wonderful! By the way I'm still very much a beginner but can't afford classes. Just kind of a photography enthusiast.

So Im 21 and looking to go back to college with a photography major. I have never owned a DSLR camera before and dont know much about the terms either though ive been doing a lil reading and research on the web. I have used a P&S digital camera before and had the joy of snapping some shots of a liter of puppies Econ which I pretty much consider the best joy of my life and horribly regret not having a advanced camera for. :( I also end up the ome taking photos at family events and vactions.(one which earned me the title camera girl from serval passengers/staff). I havnt used the latest photoshop but give me a day or 2 and ill have figured out most of the best features. Living in Atlanta I plan on doing Weddings and such for a living. But for a hobby I would really love to do underwater photography.

I'll strongly suggest that you give yourself some time to reconsider taking photography as a major ... it's not gonna be a hobby anymore if you turn it into a career.

Further, it's not something thats "it's nice to have a photography major to start me off a photography career" ... Think twice & think wise!

Try out some small assignments first, not to mention that you don't even have a DSLR now, before taking the leap ;-)

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back