Noob photographers rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Americans these days care way too much about what other people are doing.
This thread was a fun read. Thanks! :lol:

Because they were shooting in auto. I think it's stupid to spend money on things and not use them to their full potential. With most of them it was a status symbol thing, the kids parents are even like that with cars and houses. The majority of them are snobs I had to put up with when I used to go to school there.

This post tells us more about you than you realize.

Last edited:
......... I think it's stupid to spend money on things and not use them to their full potential.............

Like spending $60k on an SUV........... then putting spinners on it.

I was at a pumpkin patch and someone asked me to take pictures with his entry level nikon. I am not familiar with nikon. It was set to Aperture mode. I took the shot, I chimped, it looked awfully dark because it was against the sun. So I asked him how to do exposure compensation. He had no idea what I was talking about and told me to just switch it to Auto. Sigh... Well.. I figured it out and made it like +1 2/3 compensation and it looked good. I gave him back the camera. As I am driving back home I wonder how long it will take him to figure out to put the compensation back to 0 LOL.

Yeah, I love seeing hummers 6" off the ground with tires so thin that they basicly have no room for air. And of course they are driven by 18 year olds wearing more bling then a sheikh of dubai.
Opps, that's the drug lords of Reading, not the yuppies, those kids all drive BMW's.

Yeah, I love seeing hummers 6" off the ground with tires so thin that they basicly have no room for air. And of course they are driven by 18 year olds wearing more bling then a sheikh of dubai.................

They say, "A fool and his money are soon parted." My question is........... how do fools like this get the money in the first place?

Yeah, I love seeing hummers 6" off the ground with tires so thin that they basicly have no room for air. And of course they are driven by 18 year olds wearing more bling then a sheikh of dubai.................

They say, "A fool and his money are soon parted." My question is........... how do fools like this get the money in the first place?

Drug lords: Their money comes in the form of kilos, ounces and of course rocks.
Yuppies: Divorce lawyers

So what you're saying Rick, is that there's money to be made from the misery of other people... Maybe we haven't evolved quite as far as we think we have.:(

The vast majority of people with money are good at something else than photography...

Somebody who thinks that an entry level DSLR is showing off money has no idea what really having money is and his settings his income goals pretty low...

I couldn't care less what anyone else is dong...unless their work is decidedly better than mine :D

Fixed it for you. Otherwise, it's possible for you to care less than you already do.

So what you're saying Rick, is that there's money to be made from the misery of other people... Maybe we haven't evolved quite as far as we think we have.:(

Oh yeah, hitting people when they are down is where the money is.

I see no problem here. That is what entry level DSLR's are made for. There's (obviously) a multi-billion dollar market for it. I'd be asking what the hell is wrong with people if Nikon, Canon and Sony weren't taking advantage of the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back