noob wants C&C tell me what you think

sask_jordan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Jake and I went for a walk today and we took some pictures since I am a total noob at photography i am looking for a little bit of C&C

Here is one of the elevators in town i went for an old colour look on this one
DSC_0054.jpg

another elevator i went black and white on this one
DSC_0044.jpg

An old bin just behind my house another in black and white
DSC_0038.jpg

And the last two are of my buddy Jake
DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

He was on a leash for these two pictures i tried to remove it ,it worked not bad
Well let me know what you think
Thanks Jordan

Maybe crop a little off the top of the first one? They are so grainy..Was that done with the editing?
I'm still a complete noob myself...so i cant really give real C&C....

good try! With images like these there needs to be that certain something that makes it stand out from the others....a dramatic sky or evening light.....something......keep shooting and it will happen

Even though you were going for an old look, its too grainy. Plus the newer vehicles in the shot give it away. You should be able to play with the colors enough to get the look you want without being grainy.

Yeah, the grain gotta go- it's not workin here.

The two B&W's are too grey, you need more contrast for a good B&W. Looks like an awesome place for maybe some cool night time shots (not sure how well it is lit, but the mills around here are neat a night) Maybe try and get a more dramatic sky like someone above said.

the two dog snapshots are just that, snapshots.... nothing special. Nice job on removing the leash from the pics, you left the shadow in the first.

p!nK

the picture with the shed would look good if it was larger in the shot i think, and also more contrast as has been said already. looks too washed out so try messing with the levels in photoshop or something.

In the shots of the dog the whites are VERY blown out. In some areas you cant see the difference between the dog's fur and the snow. In the landscape shots there is lots of grain as said before. I like the feel of them though. Keep shooting!

there was a little bit of graininess added in photoshop here is the first one again with a little more cropping and no added graininess
DSC_0054-1.jpg

and the original picture i was a little bit to far away for the shot so it is not as good as the shot could of been i think
DSC_0054-2.jpg

and here is another try at the shed
DSC_0041.jpg

like i said in my first post i am a NOOB!!!!!! and thanks for the critiquing

The last two here are much better. I love the last one of the barn.
Maybe someone else will C&C them...but to me, they looked better before all the editing!

I think that the second one of the shed looks a TON better. Much better on the contrast, and no more grain.

i guess i have lots of work ahead of me to get better but so far things are looking up and thanks for your time

there was a little bit of graininess added in photoshop here is the first one again with a little more cropping and no added graininess
DSC_0054-1.jpg

The tilt of the building is odd for me. Is it a result of this perspective? camera tilt? I'm not sure, but it just doesn't feel right. I straightened it; attached.

Attachments

• $DSC_0054-1.jpg
    $DSC_0054-1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 113

Most reactions

Back