NORTH GERMANY May 2008- Seriously now: maps, itinerary, prices

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Maps - as was suggested by Daan (doenoe) - so you will know better how to find your way to here :D

Map 1 (the Meet-Up will be in GERMANY, which is in EUROPE! - country being outlined by me! :biggrin: )
Map1.jpg

Map 2 (more precisely it will be in NORTH Germany, in the area between Hamburg and Bremen - outlined by me :biggrin: - with the place of the Meet-Up marked by a shy red dot)
Map2.jpg

Map 3 (even more precisely where there is the very IMPORTANT red mark on the "original" Google map - cough-cough)
Map3.jpg

Now we jump into Satellite-mode to show you more:

Map 4 - my place. Nicely outlined by ------------------- definitely not Google! They don't even KNOW about this tiny place... :roll: :biggrin:
Map4.jpg

Dot 1: my house
Dot 2: the holiday homes for rent that Hertz wants to rent and (maybe) share ;)
Dot 3: The camp site - I must still ask how many sites there are vacant, most are filled with caravans which never move...
Dot 4: more very reasonably priced holiday homes which can be shared by many to further reduce accomodation costs
Dot 5: the big, comfortable hotel I am suggesting in my other thread (links may be added to this new thread later)
Dot 6: the neighbouring town, dot put to about where there is the church in which my choir sings --- there is a fair chance that some who want to stay for totally free can get accomodation with families, all of who will be choir friends of mine, and they would then be hosted in that town.

Map 5 - an even closer close-up of my place, our house shyly marked in red
Map5.jpg

AND - to make it very precise for all the stalkers who will now ring at my door bell to ask for a cup of coffee or something else to drink (as per suggestion by Daan aka doenoe in the other thread), the closest close-up onto the Venue Of The Big TPF-Germany Meet-Up Garden Party on 29 May 2008 - Map 6:
Map6.jpg

Hope this'll help you all take your decision and COME! :D

Thanks for all those maps, Corinna. Very cool to zoom in, and in, and in, to the very yard where the big garden party will occur.

As the maps show, I have planned for some accomodation, one of which has been reserved by now and will offer beds for all in all 18 person (given we put as many into each apartment as it allows for at max).

From what I understand, here's what I know about who is wanting to take up beds out of those 18:

Tangerini - 3 beds (and I hope you are not planning to bring any CHILDREN, for that would not be good)
Corry - 3 beds (given Joe and Sky can make it, too, else you would not come, either?)
Hertz - 1 bed (so far)
Antarctican - 1 bed
Digital Diva - 2 beds
Jeff Canes - 1 bed

Who else would want to stay right here in my very place (marked as Dot 2 in Map 4)?
7 more beds to be had in that very place.

Next closest is the camp site (Dot 3) and the apartments in Rehr, which are Dot 4.

wow. planning is proceeding!

funny, on that first map ... Bispingen and Soltau were in almost all my tactics training scenarios in army times ;) So that map strongly reminds me of my times at the KTS 2 in Munster ;)

Anyway, I cannot commit 100% yet, so I will take whatever is left over by the time I can finally decide -- and if nothing is left over I am happy with my tent :)

It is about time we get more serious about this whole Big, Very International, One-Week-Long North-Germany Meet-Up from 24-31 May 2008.

My poll in some other thread on this reveals:

Yes, I really want to go to Germany in May 2008
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
1020.00%
No, I know for sure I won't be able to make it
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
1122.00%
Yes, I am working towards going and hope to get there
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
1938.00%
Well, hm, sounds interesting enough but I still don't know
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
bar5-r.gif
1020.00%

Which OUGHT TO bring together at least 29 members, those 10 who said "I really want to go to Germany in May 2008" and those 19 who said "Yes, I am working towards going and hope to get there". Not counting the undecided 19 who say they find the idea interesting but still don't know.

Only 11 so far knew for sure they would not be able to come.

So.
Who is coming?
Who is coming FROM FAR?
Are you in the process of checking out flights, fares, special offers, do you know where to arrive, when, how to get from the airport to here?

It is October now, and the idea has been known for a year.
As of November, I would need to go into even more serious planning - so far I have only sussed out prices for activities I want to offer, and which I hope we'll do all together, for - like in most cases - the more there are, the smaller the shared price for each. And I have reserved accomodation for 18 persons in a house with holiday apartments here in my village.

I might need to reserve more?

For whom?

Please no longer be vague.
Speak up.
Tell me.
Are you coming?
Give me names. Say "I'll be there".

And those on a budget: remember I can also offer you FREE accomodation in families for friends of mine, two have already approached me and asked who they would get!

Don't let me float with my idea alone, please.

I'll be there with my boyfriend. Could we plan on two beds? Unless you have a double bed for the 2 of us. No kids here. Well, we are kind of like 2 big kids.

I added your name to the list ... I take it you would like to share house with all the others? There are twin-bedded rooms, but you might still have to share the apartment with more people, but the apartments have 2 bedrooms or so. The link to their site is in one of my other Meet-Up threads, only have I just unstuck them, there was such a crowed of stickied threads all about the same up here.

Right. Here's the link again to the one holiday home that I have reserved for us for that one week: http://www.ole-hoop.de/ (Dot 2 in Map 4)

Another possibility would be the apartments at about 4kms from my place, link to the site is here: http://www.bauernhof-rehr.de/ (Dot 4 in Map 4)
With those people, though, I still haven't spoken. But I would not want to leave it way too long.

Those who can afford to "live with style" and want to do so, there is also this hotel (Dot 5 on Map 4): http://www.landkrug-trau.de/

Their sites are all in German, but aren't there online site translators out so you would at least get a gist of what is being said?

Thanks, LaFoto. I'll have a look at the options and let you know.

Hmm.. this is tempting.. I REALLY want to come, it is just juggling things. I am shooting a wedding in early May, I have been asked to visit Thailand for a month or so over my holidays, and for my university program they highly recommend spending the entire summer being a mule/pawn for a researcher (for the lack-lustre description). Hmm.. will update as soon as things are lining up :D

It would be BRILLIANT to have you here, Brittany!!! Let me know when to reserve you one bed in that holiday apartment home, ok?

Now... just out of curiousity (it might be in one of the threads somewhere) how does transportation work? Is there a public bus that perhaps goes that way or is it more reliant to rent a car (although, I can't do that due to age restrictions, but if I brought someone else along)

It much depends on the fact at which airport you arrive ... should it be any of the ones close to here, there is always the chance to get to my place by train (there is a railway station right here).

Which means: there is a good chance you find your way out of Hamburg Airport (for example) to the Hamburg Main Railway Station by Airport Bus, and take the train to Bremen from there (which leaves every hour), and hop off that train in Lauenbrück.

Or you arrive at Hannover, take the Airport Train to Hannover Main Railway Station, change trains to Hamburg, and catch the Hamburg-Bremen train from there (again).

Or you arrive at Bremen ... and COULD get the Bremen-Hamburg train, and again you would just need to hop off in Lauenbrück ... but how you would get from the airport to the Railway Station I don't know yet, though I would THINK there ALSO is a bus.

Iron_Flatline said at one point in time that he'd be willing to bring people from Berlin to here, should their best connections take them to Berlin, he means to come by car.

Another airport that might be the one you want to choose for ecomic reasons is Düsseldorf, which is where Alex_B lives, who still doesn't know if he can make the meet-up or only a couple of days of the meet-up, but eventually also he would hop into his Audi and dash up here ... and he might have room for one (two?) other(s) ... Speak up, Alex.

Now as to our Dutch members... some might be travelling by car from Amsterdam or thereabouts ... so if someone finds they get the best fares if they mean to arrive at Schiphol Airport, maybe our Dutch members could give them a lift?

As you can see, it is about time we get into some more serious planning.
Saying "Oh well, yeah, sounds cool, I'll see if I'll make it" will soon no longer work for those who plan to travel from afar... The time is coming where reservations or bookings should be made... maybe?

I know that my name is already on the list, but I'll reconfirm my intention to be there. The three beds do not include the children (we are running off without them for this trip! :D), it will be my husband, his mum, and myself.

I'll be working with them to figure out which route will make the most sense for us, since we plan on spending time in the UK in addition to the meet-up.

Most reactions

Back