Northern Harriers

JOAT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I finally got to enjoy the great weather and hunt for some elusive raptors at Lynde shores in Whitby, it's very hard to see them and when you do they are way too far for some decent pics. Today I got many opportunities with them flying over me and looking for prey but they would always catch me off guard.

I only came out with 2 decent pics one of them is heavily cropped. They are a male and female Northern Harrier

lsbird018xw.jpg

lsbird21io.jpg

And a few other shots
sparrow9ef.jpg

swan6nf.jpg

blackbird2kn.jpg

wow. the second one is awsome, great job! :thumbup:

^^ yeah, it's a beaut. Good job, and quick reflexes to capture the image

Thanx guys, yeah they are quick....I added a few more pics of the day :)

That second shot is sweet and the Red Wing comes in a close second. Now that I'm back on high speed I can view these posts.

Eric

Thanx again guys, I'd love to go back some time this week and see If I can get other pics of these guys, but being in North York eats up my Gas....so expenssive now! But well worth it :)

nice work joat...think I'd crop up and in from bottom left on the first one just to concentrate the hawk more towards lower left corner for a more pleasing compo....love the clouds in the BG :D

JonK said:
nice work joat...think I'd crop up and in from bottom left on the first one just to concentrate the hawk more towards lower left corner for a more pleasing compo....love the clouds in the BG :D

good tip bro, I ddin't even bother with the first, just a plain old center crop, but that would probably make a better pic.

you are lucky to see them man..!

it shows in the photos that the weather was great..

i like all the series of photos you have here,,..

keep it up man!

Most reactions

Back