Northern Virginia Meetup?

Interested in a Virginia Meetup? We can determine where to meet later.

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EricBrian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I see there are a lot of people on TPF from the northern Virginia area. Was wondering if you folks want to get together for a photo safari of sorts in one of the wildlife refuges.

Any interest?

Thanks,
Eric

How northern are we talking about??

How northern are we talking about??

Hmmm... don't know if I thought about that. I think the thing to do is pick a place we would want to go to and who ever wants to make the trip is welcome.

We could probably even make the meeting somewhere in the middle of the state so that people from all around VA could show up. VA isn't 'that' big. :)

Nope, not big at all. I'm fairly far southwest though and don't know how far I'd want to travel on my own.

I like the idea of going to a wildlife refuge. Are there any in the middle of the state?

There was a thread on here a month or so ago with a few people from the Richmond area trying to get a meet-up. I don't know if they ever did or not. You might want to look that one up.

NOVA is part of DC.

I want to do to the Zoo this summer. I haven't been in forever.

The lighting group I'm a member of is going to do something at the coast guard base out that way this summer.

Manassas, Arlington, Ballston, PG county, Frederick co, DC, Montgomery co.; they're all like one big place. Everything is so close to each other.

Lynchburg is a little out there.

I have a friend that moved down in that area.

I'm in Northern Va

Some fancy equipment you got there...

Are you a professional photographer?

I'm in Northern Va

Some fancy equipment you got there...

Are you a professional photographer?

So, does that mean you would be interested?

I have fancy equipment? Not really. Bunch of $100-something lenses. And, I definitely am not a pro photographer. Have a look at some of my photos. I still have a way to go to become good. :)

So, does that mean you would be interested?

I have fancy equipment? Not really. Bunch of $100-something lenses. And, I definitely am not a pro photographer. Have a look at some of my photos. I still have a way to go to become good. :)

I have fancy equipment? Not really.

Uh......
you'll take $100 bucks for your 60mm 2.8? Yeah, we should meet up for a shoot
:er:

Im in the DC area. I am always down to do a shoot. I have been trying to plan a trip to the DC Zoo myself...

Im in the DC area. I am always down to do a shoot. I have been trying to plan a trip to the DC Zoo myself...

Cool. I'd be up for the National Zoo, too.

I would meet up, but If I were to have an opinion, I would prefer a refuge. I hate going downtown for anything, but I would.

Nope, not big at all. I'm fairly far southwest though and don't know how far I'd want to travel on my own.

I like the idea of going to a wildlife refuge. Are there any in the middle of the state?

There was a thread on here a month or so ago with a few people from the Richmond area trying to get a meet-up. I don't know if they ever did or not. You might want to look that one up.

AJAY -
Is this close to you? Wondering what it would be like?

http://www.virginiasafaripark.com/geninfo.htm

I think I would prefer a refuge, too, for a meet up.

When I go to the zoo, I will probably just post a message on this board short term.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back