Norwegian Debate: iStock, the sum of all evil :)

ahelg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
There is a big debate going on at the moment among profesional and hobby photographers on the internett after the biggest papper in Norway today published an article about amateurs who sell their photographs for extremely low prices, thus making life hard for the pros. One stock library which was brought into the discussion was iStock which sells photographs for unbelivebly low prices. This article sparked a debate on the internett from both sides. People claiming that the competition was good and others claiming that this would make pros with years of education unable to support their families, and so on.

For those of you who speak Norwegian or some other scandinavian language, look here http://www.aftenposten.no/kul_und/article1366656.ece.

If iStock is making a stir, what about places like SXC? They're free, and all they require is a simple free registration.

Doesnt istock only give $0.20 per photo sale? I checked their photographers, some of the highest (aka. best) were only selling a 1000 or so. Thats only $200 for the BEST photos, over a period of several years.

I'm sticking to my day job!

Most reactions

Back