Not a good night to be at the beach...

JustinL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a beach engagement session scheduled for the night but bad weather changed those plans. My partner decided to call it a night and go with the couple back to their B&B, but I hung around a little longer...

Beach Storm by CanonJustin, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice. They should have shot a few with that in the background and then tired for normal photos another night.

Very nice. They should have shot a few with that in the background and then tired for normal photos another night.

Yeah, I thought about that after they had already left, it was pouring so she wasn't super happy lol.

OMG that's amazing!!!

Thank you!

It's with a 5D mkiii with 17-40L

Heres the exif
[h=2]Exif data[/h]
CameraCanon EOS 5D Mark III
Exposure30
Aperturef/13.0
Focal Length17 mm
ISO Speed1600
Exposure ProgramManual

Nice shot. Hope you don't mind me cropping out a bunch of the sky at the top and making it look more panoramic but it also fills the entire frame with the nice faded purple and cloned out the bottom right shadow thing. IDK, I am a bit of amateur so take it with a grain of salt.
$20130822-lightning.jpg

Nice shot. Hope you don't mind me cropping out a bunch of the sky at the top and making it look more panoramic but it also fills the entire frame with the nice faded purple and cloned out the bottom right shadow thing. IDK, I am a bit of amateur so take it with a grain of salt.
View attachment 53397
Not at all. I cropped it a few times, but after I cropped it the amount of noise from enlarging it kinda bothered me so I kept going back to the original size. I do really like the pano style! Thank you!

Love this! It's sad that I'm hoping my vacation coming up at the beach has a few crappy weather nights so I can try to get some ocean/lightning shots lol. 18 year old me would punch me in the face right now for saying that :p

me personally im not a fan of the volley ball nets im guessing? i feel like you should of moved around a bit. i wouldnt have minded if there was one or something in kind of order but there just there and pull the eye away from the real subject, the lighting

It is a great time to be at the beach, if you have a camera and skill to capture it. And you have both. Great shot.

Damn, beautiful.

Most reactions

Back