Not a Good Time for Ordering

skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It is not a good time for paying a deposit to order anything. One person I know ordered a snowmobile for the winter. When he went to pick it up, the company had gone out of business and disappeared. I ordered a boat. The person who handled my sale, left the company, which meant that the order was screwed up to the advantage of the company of course. I made the mistake of sending a company printer in for waranty repairs. It was seized when the company went into bankruptcy.

Even if you are dealing with reputable companies, it has become less safe and more of a gamble to pay in advance for anything. I put a deposit on a deck which seemd very safe, but the delivery truck of the materials broke my concrete driveway curbs and leaked hydralic on to my driveway. Now I am faced with fighting the deck company to fix my driveway.

skieur

It seems like you are one of the most unlucky person in the whole forum :(

Bad luck Skieur. That's some tough breaks you got there

It seems like you are one of the most unlucky person in the whole forum :(

At least, I was not stuck in Mexico or the Dominican Republic like many Canadian tourists when the travel agency: Conquest closed its doors a few months ago.

I went to match a stain to Sears in order to touch up my fence, only to discover that Sears no longer even sells stain. The very large dealership, from which I leased my SUV was one of the many closed by GM recently.
Come to think of it, GM is probably no longer manufacturing my SUV either.

It is pretty crazy if it is necessary to consider the financial circumstances of the company before a big ticket item is purchased.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back