not accurate colors, mark III 5D

Roomka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been trying all day to make these pictures look the way they are in real life, but keep getting like blue tint, any advise?

$_L6A9719.jpg

$XXX_197_1364312363_1.jpg

Have you set your white balance for the shot or in post?

Im sure more qualified help is coming.. Thats all i got im still a newb..

Last edited:
yeah i used a grey card

Well i cant really offer any advice because i have no experience with this myself, except i know your gonna be asked what your set up for lighting is and if you are using a 100% white backdrop not just white paper.

Are you working on a calibrated monitor? Can you show us your set up? What are you using for WB?

yeah my monitor is a NEC pa271w, did the calibration not really sure how to show the calibration. the WB is a grey card i bought online, its neutral 18%
also the light box is using 1 CFL bulb, 5500k

When you say you did the calibration, what did you use? I only ask because I've seen an awful lot of people try to calibrate by eye, so I want to make sure that's not what we're dealing with here. You shot the grey card in the same spot as the watch and used that shot in post to set WB? Granted the NEC monitors come from the factory with a pretty good calibration. I'm on my laptop right now so I can't comment on the colors (my laptop always tends a bit blue), just trying to make sure the bases are covered. You should be able to get the background neutral with the eyedropper, that may however mean that other colors are shifted a bit depending on whether or not the background is actually neutral.

When you say you did the calibration, what did you use? I only ask because I've seen an awful lot of people try to calibrate by eye, so I want to make sure that's not what we're dealing with here. You shot the grey card in the same spot as the watch and used that shot in post to set WB? Granted the NEC monitors come from the factory with a pretty good calibration. I'm on my laptop right now so I can't comment on the colors (my laptop always tends a bit blue), just trying to make sure the bases are covered. You should be able to get the background neutral with the eyedropper, that may however mean that other colors are shifted a bit depending on whether or not the background is actually neutral.

This^

Is the background neutral?
What color is the watch face supposed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
the watch face is a silver

i took a picture with my nikon d5100, same grey card, same position

$Untitled-7.jpg nikon d5100

was using nikon for couple of years, and it has like 120k shots so moved to canon and kinda stuck with resetting it up.

$_L6A9766.jpg mark III 5D

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The problem is not a camera problem it is a knowledge problem, and probably cheap lighting and tent, you would never see a pro product photographer use a tent

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
well it doesnt give me a choice to choose one, they are 2 different settings, $unnamed (2).jpg

setting in white balance $unnamed (4).jpg

setting in custom white balance $unnamed (3).jpg <- this is the grey card selected.

Most reactions

Back