Not even A WEEK into the new semester...

The good thing about ultra packed school schedules is that everything sorta blends together and before you know it... the terms over. Coffee is your friend.

Ya, that's kind of how my last semester was. I had Monday off, and then every other day was packed. Plus I had one night class on Monday....so after that, I was just at school all the time.

Fridays off, Saturdays to see my friends, and Sundays I'd see my girlfriend...then I'd be back to school again on Monday night.

If it gets too much...you can always drop the extra curriculars that you don't need...even if it's fun...sometimes you need sleep more.

I was extremely sleep deprived through out college... It took graduating and getting a real job to knock me out of it and get my biological clock back on track.

You will manage just fine. I might recommend an afternoon nap if you have an hour or 2 between classes. Studies have proved that a small cat nap in the afternoon can greatly increase your ability to perform at any number of tasks. I know your busy, but try and find time for one. It's great! I had class from 7 in the morning to sometime 11 at night (on certain nights (damn you science labs) lol ). I looked forward to my 2 pm - 3 pm nap as much as I did going out on friday night...

Heh, I've never been oen that could sleep during the day. Even if I could, home is much too far away for me to waste gas driving there for a nap, unfortunately. When I have a couple of hours between when I get out of school and before work, I do homework and work out at the YMCA. :p Kinda the opposite of napping, eh?

Heh, I've never been oen that could sleep during the day. Even if I could, home is much too far away for me to waste gas driving there for a nap, unfortunately. When I have a couple of hours between when I get out of school and before work, I do homework and work out at the YMCA. :p Kinda the opposite of napping, eh?

Yeah. I worked out before class. Got up at 4:45 and run or go to the gym. Have breakfast. 7AM: Class all morning. Lunch. Nap. Class all afternoon. It was a relentless cycle :)

I was almost always lucky (except for a few living situations) to be close to class. At first I lived on campus and walked to class. Then I lived downtown and still walked to class. So it was nothing to get my catnaps in ;)

At my school, it would be perfectly fine for me to just sleep at school. couches, tables, whatever.

good way to wake up with all your stuff stolen though.

That depends on your school. The crime rate at my school is almost zero.

I have often thrown my bookbag and coat on a table in the cafeteria and then gone off to the bathroom for a few minutes, with no worries.

At my school, it would be perfectly fine for me to just sleep at school. couches, tables, whatever.

My brother is pre-med and takes like 20 credits a term, I've seen him smuggle his sleeping bag into the library before (it's open 24 hours during finals week). I brought him coffee one morning and he hadn't slept for like 3 days, him and his biology study group. It was heinous.

I almost felt like a slacker in grad school--so did all of us planning students. We were in the architecture college and it was completely commonplace for students, especially grad students, to spend days at a time at school, leaving only to get take-out and occasionally showering.

I tried to avoid their studio area.

I'm sure you'll get through it all, Corry! When it gets ridiculously bad, just remember that classes will end soon.

But I don't want em to end!!!! I LOVE IT ALLLLLL!!!!

(I'm also now starting to write for the school newspaper!)

Long time no see, Andrea! How's it goin!?

Things are going really well actually. Unlike you and your ridiculous schedule I'm only taking 13 credit hours this semester hoping it will be less stressful than last.

You know I've had 12 credit semesters be CRAZY and 18 credit semesters go by like it was nothing... Something about different subject matter being different difficulties for different people...

Most reactions

Back