Not every image can be a winner - and this is the proof

Hmmm... at first glance, I really like it, but looking at it for a little while, something doesn't sit quite right; unfortunately, I can't put my finger on it.

Actually, I think a big part of it for me is her right arm; it just seems "wrong" to me.

Agree with the arm, but in general there is too much "mess" in the frame. Competing with the girl. Window has too vivid colours attracting the eye. Floor to is a distraction. In this environment she looks "alien", like cloned in. :adoration:

Agree with the arm, but in general there is too much "mess" in the frame. Competing with the girl. Window has too vivid colours attracting the eye. Floor to is a distraction. In this environment she looks "alien", like cloned in. :adoration:

Yes, believe it or not I tried to subdue the other elements. She is cloned in though, it's a composite. :D

Got this one right. :bek113:

My 2 cents:

I think her pose is good. I get the points about both arms but they're very minor to me and not a big issue. But the larger issues are: her skin tones and lighting doesn't match the warmth coming from the window and reflected on the ground. Any model in that situation would be warm and more red to their skin. So that shows this up as a composite. Additionally, the reflection on the ground is too distracting for me...that and the window were what my eye went to first. I'd crop out the ground reflection and part of the window--that would make this photo better. And if you added a little red to the skin tone, that would make it match better.

My 2 cents:

I think her pose is good. I get the points about both arms but they're very minor to me and not a big issue. But the larger issues are: her skin tones and lighting doesn't match the warmth coming from the window and reflected on the ground. Any model in that situation would be warm and more red to their skin. So that shows this up as a composite. Additionally, the reflection on the ground is too distracting for me...that and the window were what my eye went to first. I'd crop out the ground reflection and part of the window--that would make this photo better. And if you added a little red to the skin tone, that would make it match better.

I did warm her up quite a bit and my attempt was to have a more white light on her left, as if I was using a strobe to light her in that scene. The warm window light behind her would not be what is lighting our view of her after all, right? I do agree I did not get it to look right.

Most reactions

Back