Not nearly as good as someone else's zoo pics, but....

pjaye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We visited a very small, free zoo yesterday. These were shot with the tamron. The fencing was giving me a really hard time (don't even get me started on the dirty pexiglass) and I'm just too short to shoot over it.

$DSC_1426.JPG$DSC_0091.JPG$DSC_1447.NEF.jpg$DSC_1496.jpg$DSC_1509.JPG

And the boyfriend grabbed this shot. Not bad for someone totally new to photography

$DSC_0125.JPG

Considering the conditions you did pretty good. After my trip to the aquarium yesterday with all the fingerprints and smudges on the plexi-glass it makes me want to put a pack of glass cleaner wipes in my bag so I can clear off an area of the glass to try to get a better shot. It really gets under my skin that parents lets their kids rub their hands and faces all over the glass! Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine - someone who doesn't get paid enough is going to have to clean it. Unfortunately not much you can do about animal smudges on the inside!

Hey, these are all nice. Although the first one in the second row reminds me of my ex-wife... :banghead: Lee

Thanks everyone. We were really hoping for better light and weather, but we do live in Ontario after all, with the never ending #%&$# winter.

good enough. and free is good. i spent two hundred taking my kids to the damn aquarium by the time it was all said and one. id take free and your photos came out better than mine.
i made sure to let them smudge all the glass so the people after me had worse photos.

Thanks everyone. We were really hoping for better light and weather, but we do live in Ontario after all, with the never ending #%&$# winter.
I feel you there. Just when you think it's over it gets cold again. Nice shots.
made sure to let them smudge all the glass so the people after me had worse photos.
You! *glares at you* haha jk

I was shocked the first time I went to the zoo and found out it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, you did fine :thumbup:

I love otters. :)

The otters were my favorite too. Went back three times. Those bugger's are fast!

The llama looks on meth, and the otters seem to have lost their glasses! lol.. :mrgreen:

LOL I think the otters were on meth too and lost their glasses. It was a very dreary day so it wasn't the sun making them squint. I have some more pics of the camel, he was HUGE. He was also apparently in heat :) But a very friendly guy. Will post the ones that show his size when I get home. I don't think I've ever seen a camel that big.

$DSC_1504.JPG
I have nightmares about this shot.
$DSC_1489.JPG
This shows the size of him. Scott is just over 6 feet tall. In the second picture, the camel still isn't standing fully straight up.
$DSC_1478.JPG
$DSC_1505.JPG
$DSC_1502.JPG

The attachment picture, which for some reason I can't delete, is his girlfriend.

Attachments

• $DSC_1513.JPG
    $DSC_1513.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 123

Most reactions

New Topics

Back