Not sure if this works or not

Claff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.claffie.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The basic question regarding the below photo is whether to crop out more of the board in the foreground. I wanted to do that but then thought it would be better if it had the reflection of the downed king.

nt07april1.jpg

The second question is more of theory rather than the photo itself. I was answering a challenge where the theme is "power". I thought I'd show that even a lowly pawn has the power to topple the mighty king. Can you see that without my having to explain it or is the concept a little too obscure?

well i believe you keep the foreground i like its appeal....
just my opinion

I like it. Aside from the dirty sensor I think the only other thing bothering me is that the pawn is in focus with the King. Not sure if that was intentional but it seems to fighting for attention.

have you tried cropping it? see which way you like it more

Well, I much care for the (almost) full reflection of the fallen king on the board very much. So I would not even consider cropping it.

And if you want to point out that even that lowly pawn can topple the mighty king, then by all means have the two in focus and not only one. So I think you chose your DOF accordingly and well.

If your concept of power works with viewers who have NOT had the chance to read about your intention beforehand (like we do now) I can no longer tell. For I have read it. And now I think it is evident. But I will never know any more if I would have understood the concept otherwise...

Most reactions

Back