Not the first to see my photos

SteveEllis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was getting my photos developed today and suddenly thought how weird it was that after all the effort of taking the photos I wasnt the first one to see them :mrgreen:

When I was in high school I worked at a grocery store one hour photo. I used to love to go through everyone's pictures. Probably not that ethical but there was just something so private and intriguing about seeing images that someone out there thought important to capture.

AprilRamone said:
When I was in high school I worked at a grocery store one hour photo. I used to love to go through everyone's pictures. Probably not that ethical but there was just something so private and intriguing about seeing images that someone out there thought important to capture.
Its like you look through blogs or photobucket accounts. To anyone else the pictures are meaningless, but to someone they were very important.

AprilRamone said:
I used to love to go through everyone's pictures...

I would guess that this becomes pretty boring after a while?
All those snapshots of parties and babies and all that?
Family at the beach, family at home with party hats on... after a while (so I would guess, I don't know this, of course) you stop looking at the photos that go through the machine. Hence, no worries, Steve, you might still have been the first to REALLY look at your photos :D.

I wasnt worried about it as I havent tried any "Artistic" shots yet :D

It just made me think of the film "1 Hour Photo" with Robin Williams.

April - What were the weirdest photos you came across when developing?

SteveEllis said:
April - What were the weirdest photos you came across when developing?

and do we wanna know ? :) ;)

I once got back a photo of a naked woman in amoung my shots of a church ........

The wife asked me who she was ... I said dunno ... and we looked through the negatives ... she wasn't in there so I was forgiven !

Lensmeister said:
and do we wanna know ? :) ;)

I once got back a photo of a naked woman in amoung my shots of a church ........

The wife asked me who she was ... I said dunno ... and we looked through the negatives ... she wasn't in there so I was forgiven !
Sounds like someone was having fun at the photo lab! :lol:

Most reactions

Back