Not too many bees - but some bee pictures (10)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After our winter had been no real winter, spring came early. Today, on 1 April, our plum trees in the front garden are already done with blooming, while I took my last year's plum-tree-blossom-pics and the bees-or-bumble-bees-in-the-plum-tree-photos on 1 and 2 May!

The effect will be: no problems with too much fruit in summer: the blossoms were out too early for the bees. While last year, when they bloomed really late, the trees were teeming with the sound of the bees and bumble bees, this year I saw all in all two bees and one lone bumble bee.

Here are some attempts to capture the bee - preferably in flight, which is why there are so many bloopers around here :roll:

biene01.jpg

OK, sitting still

biene02.jpg

biene04.jpg

biene05.jpg

biene06.jpg

biene07.jpg

biene08.jpg

biene09.jpg

biene10.jpg

And the best blooper of all:

bieneblooper.jpg

And yet: it was fun trying to capture it! :D

Yes, well, I know I ought to have posted them into the Snapshots and Bloopers, but I thought I'd first try here ... :roll:

They may be your blooper but I would still be happy with them.
My favs are 1,6,9 my only thought is how fast a shutter speed would one need to stop bee's wings.
Nice shots and crops as always.

These are great! :thumbup: I would be thrilled if my bee pictures came out as good as yours. So far I have only 1 decent bee picture the rest of them I didn't even know the bee was there so it's horribly out of focus.:confused:

Bloopers?!?!?! Bloopers?!?!?! I have to agree with everyone Corinna... These are great! There are a couple that you can tell that there is something between you and the bee - like say a branch or something like that, but I won't tell anybody that. But seriously that doesn't really take away from the photo but actually adds to it in my eyes.

Oh, thanks all for coming and taking a look :D.

Well, bees sitting still begin to work for me now, but in No1, for example, there is this leaf in the way of showing you the ENTIRE bee. Grrr. :irked:
And in many of the bee-in-flight-photos, the bee is just this tad out of focus. Grrr. :irked:
Or in 8, which - by the way - is no crop, this is the entire, all uncropped close-up, I did not manage to get the focus right at all. Grrr. :irked: OK, DOF was very narrow, what with the lens in macro function, and the hair on the bee's back (where it shows against the sky) looks in focus, and so does a tiny part of the flower.

But with only two bees around for the plum blossoms this year, I had to make do with who was there and WHEN they were there. :roll:

Your comments make me happy, though :goodvibe:
Thanks again!!!

those which aren't too dark or too blurry are really nice :)

I know how hard focussing is with those lil ones!

Good job on the difficult task of trying to get a picture of these quickly moving guys.
willy.gif

These ones have obviously been busy as they have a LOT of pollen on their legs. #6 is my fave for what you were trying to get (a bee in flight), and 1 and 9 are nice shots of the bee on the flower.

those which aren't too dark or too blurry are really nice

Thank you, Mister Alexander! :D

When they placed themselves in the sun and sat still and stucked the nectar, I was ok! When they set off and started to fly to the next blossom and happened to get into the shadow of a branch .. I was not ok any longer :roll:

Well, it was fun.
And the apple trees are still far, far, far from blooming, and so is the quinch tree, and the sumac will lure the bees to come round, too, even later in the year, so my chances for some better bee-in-flight-pics are not all gone as yet ;).

Well, don't worry. I had plenty of bloopers when I was trying to photograph the bees visiting my mom's crocuses. Yours turned out much better than mine. :lol: Nice job. :)

I love 6, looks like the bee is homing in on the flower. They are all nice though, a few are a little blurred but they are quick little things.

Most reactions

Back