Note to self...

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When photographing things like graduations and family events do NOT, I repeat do NOT shoot in raw. They will all want copies of EVERY SINGLE SHOT and you will have to go in and convert every single one of them!

Hope that helps someone in the future.

vonDrehle said:
Hope that helps someone in the future.

That's very thoughtful! :thumbup:

I've gone through life learning from other peoples mistakes & not my own, and so far I've managed to not crash any motorbikes, break any bones or end up in prison! :lol:

PlasticSpanner said:
I've gone through life learning from other peoples mistakes & not my own, and so far I've managed to not crash any motorbikes, break any bones or end up in prison!

wow that sounds like such a boring way to live lol:lol:

PlasticSpanner said:
I was refering to the incident with the Vicars daughter and the two chickens.........(Edited to avoid incriminating anyone again! :lol: )
I forgot about that!!!! Man, that was some fun. Remember when she came downstairs wearing the hardhat and toolbelt? Then she...oh that's right, I think you wanted to forget that one too.

Unimaxium said:
Or use Apple's aperture and work with RAW files as if they were JPEGS ;-)

Or buy a 1D that can shoot both RAWs and JPEGs at the same time ;)

Or save your money and just do what you said.

you'd have to convert to JPEG to print anyway...and you can't do heavy editing in aperture, just basic stuff...

and you don't have to have a 1d to shoot RAW+JPG. I'm pretty sure that all of canon's prosumer dSLRs have that option...

vonDrehle said:
When photographing things like graduations and family events do NOT, I repeat do NOT shoot in raw. They will all want copies of EVERY SINGLE SHOT and you will have to go in and convert every single one of them!

hah, good point! :)

in some situations, you could just say no :wink:

Most reactions

Back