November Morning

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While I was sitting here, typing in my comment on Jocose's first set of pictures taken at the so-and-so aquaeduct (sorry, don't quite remember the name right now), I suddenly saw out of the corner of my eye that something wonderful was happening outside.

Oh joys of digital photography, I can present you right here and now what I saw - along with my little camera -, in our garden, only 10 minutes ago:

This
Frostmorgen_1.jpg

gave the whole inside of the house this amazing light that caught my attention, although this very attention is, of course, supposed to be with TPF at all times (!) :shock: ;). The whole sky was orange with the first light of the rising sun. Wow.

And everything was covered in frost, so I just HAD to take my "frosty leaves" photos there and then:

Frostmorgen_2.jpg

Frostmorgen_3.jpg

It was still quite dark on our lawn, so with exposure times of 1/3 sec. handheld I was not sure I'd manage this.

And I did not when I even had to use the manual focus at a range of maybe one inch (then I really have to focus with my body, since I only get a few millimetres of focus), so the Frozen Daisy (must mail this to Raymond, hoping that HIS Daisy is not quite as "frozen" as ours in our lawn!) shows some blur from camera shake here, I'm afraid:

Frostmorgen_4.jpg

And then I thought I had finished and turned around to go back inside the house and would ALMOST have missed this!

Frostmorgen_5.jpg

The big oaks in our neighbours' garden, shining in a glory of colours that they don't actually have (oak leaves here turn from green to crisp brown without any mentionable burst of colours inbetween) - amazing.

By now the effect is all gone.

Well, I do hope your Daisy is not such a "Frozen Daisy" as the one here, despite the unusual climate she is facing now!

Beautiful shots, Corinna - particularly the second one, the colour is really warm and I like the contrast of the frost along the veins. I had the same problems of low light when I was taking some of mine; I had a whole series with frosty red berries but none of them came out sharp because the bush was in shadow and I was shivering! :-(

that 3rd shot really is so cool

Daisy loves the cold! and the snow! her shivers are sooooo cute!! and she can't stop smiling she's so happy! It's great for me too. I am really loving life these days.

These are great, Corinna! I really love this time of year....still color on the trees, but everything is so frosty in the morning. I'm loving everyone's "frost" shots. :)

Thanks. These would actually have needed to go into Snapshots, judged by the spontaneity with which I took them. But this magic light was only out there for a couple of minutes, so I did not have much choice ... and unfortunately had not quite arrived at my lawn, so the Frozen Daisy is blurred. Hmph. Well... The rest of the day stayed rather dull, and this morning is far from looking as nice as yesterday morning did. Sigh... it is November, after all...!

Number 2 is amazing, but all of them make a great series. It seems as if the sky shows all it colours in November doesn't it? Glad that you shared this 'magical morning' with us :)

I really like all of these :D The frost on the leaves is nice. The compo and clearness of #3 is very nice! And I keep coming back to the last one. I don't know if it's the composition or the color? But I really like #5 :thumbsup:

Wow, Corinna. These are great shots, and the story is cool. My faves are the red leaf and the green leaf. Beautiful view you got. Love it. !! :thumbup: :thumbup:

This board never ceases to surprise me. These snapshot pics of yesterday morning get so many nice comments (which I love to hear, mind, so don't stop! ;) - they make me happy :goodvibe: ), while my "The world is bathed in light"-thread of Monday's crazy sunset has only one post by terri so far...

Most reactions

Back