Novice Looking for Comments

Nathant888

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
First time poster. I'm Nate Thomas, a junior in High School. Can you all take a look at my Photo Bucket account with 4 albums and let me know what you think (44 pictures in all i think)? I got into photo last summer and had some time to post some online.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v651/Nathant888/

Thanks in advance, please post the good, bad, and the ugly, I'm just trying to improve
-nt
ParkonMountain.jpg

(All shots were taken on a Minolta SRTMC-II Film SLR. All film was 400 Kodak, and the B&W photos are 400 T-Max)

it's hard to comment on all pictures in 1 post, but i think your work overall is pretty good. they're all well exposed, a few show thoughtful perspectives and clever composition. you're on the right track.

your first 2 b/w tree shots don't do much for me as i think they lack in composition. i've also tried to shoot trees from various angles, and the head-on angle is usually a pretty bland picture unless the tree is a foreground and you have an exciting background. i've had some success shooting trees straight up the trunk w/ wide angle -- see # 74 - 83 here, http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/joeya...//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/joeyajames/my_photos

I'm not a big fan of the tree photograph, although I did look at your website and I think you're definatly on the right track. I really like the hallway photo and the notepad photo from the indoor gallery.

Keep Shooting

This picture has too many elements in it. You need a focus.

I thought the shadows in this photo were very well done.
New at it too though.

The pictures in the Indoor gallery look like you took a lot more time on their compostion and had better ideas of what you wanted to capture. Apply this same time and thought to your other shots and I guarantee you will really appreciate the results. This happens a lot I think. Its harder and more akward to do this outside but that's what practice gets you and also don't worry about how long it takes. Practice until you instinctively look for the angle, the light etc.

Walt said:
This picture has too many elements in it. You need a focus.
Its a landscape shot, thats why. Its not always good to have a focus point, as it can draw your attention away from other parts of the picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back