Now I am growing agrivated

Battou, if you do your own scanning, developing color film isn't all that hard.

Yep, Early is right. It is not much different than processing B&W. There are a few more steps and your temp is more critical, but it can be done. At one time, I even did my own E6 processing at home with a home made water bath contraption that held the temp to within 1 degree of where it needed to be. I was using Patterson 8 reel tanks and processing 16 rolls at a time. Of course, the only drawback to the way I was doing it, which was basically a dip and dunk method, is that I was in total darkness for most of the procedure. But it worked.

I guess it depends on how much you are shooting whether it would be cost effective for you.

Yeah I have been considering it for a wile, but I don't have the space at home at the current moment. Also I am not currently shooting enough to make making the space cost worthy let alone the equipment required.

Perhaps after I get the needed repair work on my roof done I may be able to conjure it all up but for now that roof is my priority. Once that is done I will actually get two rooms back so I'll be that much closer so.

Yeah I have been considering it for a wile, but I don't have the space at home at the current moment. Also I am not currently shooting enough to make making the space cost worthy let alone the equipment required.

Perhaps after I get the needed repair work on my roof done I may be able to conjure it all up but for now that roof is my priority. Once that is done I will actually get two rooms back so I'll be that much closer so.
You need a small, dark space. A closet, or even a changing bag will do. Other than that, a kitchen to do the developing, and a bathroom to hang your film to dry.

I shoot only black and white and develop my own negatives. I got all my gear and chemicals in Febraury and my film for the year for $350.00 or so. Better than the $600.00 or so to have someone else develop it for me. (Price tripled from last year). And the learning curve is like 0-insane. It's easy to do.

Yeah, I have done processing before, I know well what I need. I am one of those people, "it's all or nothing" If I am going to start my own developing, I am going to have a complete setup in a complete room. ;)

Even then, I don't have a dark enough space. I thought I did once when I broke a roll of film. I went in there and reset the roll on it's spool and canned it back up, only to get it back completely overexposed to complete nothingness...:(

I can work in a dark bag but prefer not to, I worrie too much about doing it that way.

Sealing a room against light isn't too hard, especially if there are no windows. Some weather stripping and, if all else fails, a towel tucked up to the bottom of the door.

Windows aren't much harder... just something black to cover them and a way to attach them. I like duct tape; it's opaque and not so sticky as to peel the paint.

You know, the part that is un-developed looks like something was attached to it, like a piece of tape or something. Weird looking.

I was thinking the same thing... It's fairly straight edged, with the exception of where you can see that the developer seeped in around the edges.

It looks like it was covered with something like tape, or held in a clamp, etc...

If the edges were irregular, I'd wonder if it wasn't some sort of oddball defect, but with those straight edges, I have to wonder.

I'm all for developing your own film which is easy enough, and even colour prints which is a little more involved, but one thing I have found is even if you have everything set up & ready sometimes it's easier to just send film off anyway.

If you're not the kind of person to get bored/lazy & are prepared to put the effort in to get the photos you shot the definately work towards developing your own. If not the send them to a decent place even if it takes more tome/money.

Cheap labs really suck!

The lab I had been using was officially replaced yesterday, I'm loosing the daily shipments to only three times a week but....Hopfully this lab will not pull the stupid crap like the last one did.

Never the less I am seriously believing this one incident was not the labs doing but the doing of the no name company reloading cassettes.

When I pulled it out of the disposable camera it in I expected exposer issues possibly but not anything like this. I'll just have to take this as a lesson lerned, Waste two frames at the end of questionable rolls instead of one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back