Now I have Nikon and Canon....

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I bought my wife a Canon P&S a couple of years ago and the AF stopped working a month ago. I sent it into cannon and bought her a Nikon P&S for her daily use. I got a letter from Canon last week saying that it would be 109.00 to fix the P&S or for 275.00 I could have a Rebel XT. I figured that I had never shot Canon before so why not. I got it yesterday, and it's not bad. A little small for my hands but whatever. It's just to play with anyway. So here's a couple of pics that I took in my office today with my phone.

IMG00069.jpg

IMG00070.jpg

nice. i would've shot the camera in the mirror or with a real P&S to get a clearer image but we know what it looks like. i'm always secretly hoping i land upon a cheap canon dslr (craigslist has 'em every few days) to play with. of course, it's probably more important to invest in more glass :grumpy:.

Good deal! Now all you need to do is spray paint the thing black so it'll look like a camera. :D

Hehehe, and not a modern camera. Besides... me thinks there's a difference between gray plastic and fine brushed aluminum! :D But no need to take it all seriously... It should have been obvious that it was intended as humor! You, know... the stuff that makes people chuckle?? :D

Yeah I like the xt. I have been taking some shots today with it and it is pretty nice. I can only imagine what shooting with one of the high end canons would be like.

I want a white camera to correspond with my lenses. ...

Don't give Canon any ideas!

i think if it is painted metal, it would not be a bad idea ... if you are out in the sun the whole day, a black camera can get rather hot. ... also, people would REALLY stare at me then ;)

i think if it is painted metal, it would not be a bad idea ... if you are out in the sun the whole day, a black camera can get rather hot. ... also, people would REALLY stare at me then ;)

Maybe, but I bought all those Sigma EX lenses so I wouldn't have to deal with the white issue ...

You're right -- not modern ... :)

00344_leicam8_zoom3.jpg

And if that's gray plastic I'm looking at I promise to hound Leica and Leica users to my last breath proclaiming at every turn what a cheap-arse co. they are. LOL :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back