Nubble Lighthouse at Night

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$nubblefb.jpg

8 shot pano taken last night in York, Maine. This is a really tough spot to shoot, I don't think I've ever gone there and not seen at least a dozen other photographers. I was the only one there last night but you could see the tripod holes in the snow everywhere from earlier in the day haha. Because it's photographed so often it's hard to find a new angle of Nubble. I was really hoping to get a more unique perspective but the rocks going down from the parking lot were mostly covered in ice from sea spray so I didn't want to push my luck and risk taking a swim in the atlantic. Those telephone wires are a real pain too, but I find they don't stick out as much at night

This doesnt even look real. This is so crisp and clean. I wish I could execute a shot like this. Absolutely beautiful.

This doesnt even look real. This is so crisp and clean. I wish I could execute a shot like this. Absolutely beautiful.

Thank you! You could do it! You should see my first attempts at shooting at night a few months ago, there was a lot to learn but if I can do it you can too

I have to say, living in the area and having been there multiple times. you did A EXCELLENT job at capturing nubble

I have to say, living in the area and having been there multiple times. you did A EXCELLENT job at capturing nubble

Thank you! I live in the lakes region of NH but I try and spend as much time on the NH/Maine seacoast as I can.

So I am having my photos displayed soon in a few different places, a local burrito shop that displays a different artists' work each month...and a few different art galleries are letting me put a few things up. Any idea how I should display this? For the rest of my prints that are normal sizes (8x10, 8x12, etc) I'm matting and bagging them. I will probably be printing this at 10x20 and maybe 15x30 or 16x32, now I could get custom mattes done but I've never seen the fitted bags for those sizes. Any ideas on how to display this? I'd can't really afford to custom matte and frame this to display. Any ideas would be super helpful! I'm really excited to see this printed though

Make it large. You can get a custom mat and add the matting to your price. It will sell.

Make it large. You can get a custom mat and add the matting to your price. It will sell.

thank you....just not sure how to protect it while on display. With the more standard size mats I get the fitted bags. I'd hate to see pico de gallo finger prints on the print while on display at the burrito shop haha

If it is printed large, the viewing distance would probably be more than 4 or 5 feet in front, so maybe the owners will hang it behind the counter. Even then, you should try to wrap it somehow, maybe clear plastic food wrap? A restaurant has loads of air pollution, including grease and who-knows-what-all.

Most reactions

Back