Nubble Lighthouse - Night Pano C&C Welcome

HughGuessWho

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first attempt at Civil Twilight / Stitched / Pano
This was taken right at the end of civil twilight.
3 shots C
Canon 7D
Sigma 10-20
20mm
F/14
ISO 320
30 second exposure
Shot in RAW - Processed in ACR and Elements 10
C&C and Input Welcome

View attachment 10276

Last edited:
Thats really cool man. Nice work.

Nice! Glad to see you're in Maine!

I might suggest for a night pano, especially with a wide lens, that you not stop the lens down quite so far. F/8 would have provided a more than sufficient DoF, and would have allowed you to also use a lower ISO to get the same exposure @ 30sec. Just a thought.

Also, I am very intrigued as to how you shot at 22mm on a Sigma 10-20. ;)

I love the island, lightouse the exposure above the water but the reflection looks unnatural.

Nice! Glad to see you're in Maine!

I might suggest for a night pano, especially with a wide lens, that you not stop the lens down quite so far. F/8 would have provided a more than sufficient DoF, and would have allowed you to also use a lower ISO to get the same exposure @ 30sec. Just a thought.

Also, I am very intrigued as to how you shot at 22mm on a Sigma 10-20. ;)

Well, now ya went and done it. I suppose I will have to drive back up and try it again at f/8. Not that I am complaining. I love that area, if all of the vacationers would just get out of my way. :lol: Thanks for the advice, as I could have dropped down too 200 and noise was a bit of an issue. Actually I should have known that anyway.
Regarding the 22mm... I was using my f stop stretcher.. either that it was a typo, not sure which.

I love the island, lightouse the exposure above the water but the reflection looks unnatural.
Thanks, Trever1t for the comments. I thought the reflection looked a little odd too, but had no clue what to to with it in PP. I did try to lower the reds, but I think it actually looks more "unnatural". The reflection was in each of the shots so I think the problem started when they were overlapped during stitching. I may try it again with a less wide lens, take more shots and try to have the bright light and reflection in only one shot.

Reds reduced in Lightroom. Better? Worse? Neither?

View attachment 10318

the second image is larger and looks pretty cool. It just seemed the the light source wasn't bright enough to create such a reflection! :thumbup:

Trever1t said:
the second image is larger and looks pretty cool. It just seemed the the light source wasn't bright enough to create such a reflection! :thumbup:

Thanks. Coming from you, that means alot.

Most reactions

Back