Numbers

Mgw189

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I live in the city of Binghamton located in south central NY. For those who dont know about the area its a depressed area now. It wasnt always like that though. The area I live saw the birth of business like IBM, Link and Endicott Johnson. The area also had the first ever Inebriate Assylum in the United States. The building and grounds are a photographers paradise. There are sooo many stories that go untold and unknown in the area. Below is a picture I took over the summer. On the site is a grave yard where they burried patients that passed while in the care of the facility. The graveyard had to be partially relocated due to the construction of Interstate 81. The markers that were left are all just numbers no names. Thousands of patients were burried there most were moved to an unmarked grave site there may be about 100 - 200 markers left there. Here is a site about the area. nysAsylum.com Unfortuneately its closed due to the fact that the building is falling apart. Sorry this story was so long but its one of my favorite spots to take my camera

2656982221_8d92c93fc6.jpg

here is the main building

3164985669_a1e67e28db.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back