Nuture

Photoboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.clmcreative.com
I think the name and the image says all there is to say...but what are your thoughts?

Nuture.jpg

I'm still working on tweaking my black & whites.

a couple of things....

1) love the shadows and the light on mommy's face. look angelic.

2) dont like the border so much. kinda distracting.

great shot and even better composition!!

md

wow :shock:

kind of wish there was more contrast on the child's face, not the area near the mother
that is the mother right? at first glance, i was unsure if it was a woman or a slightly older child (i think it's the hat)

at any rate, :thumbsup:

Great shot. It could benefit with a touch of light reflected to the boys face. Nice textures.

great shot, but I'd try to put more light on kids' face

Agree with the others, a touch more light on the child's face and a bit more contrast would help this photo speak a little louder. GREAT composition!

did the models pose for you or did you use a telephoto lens to capture this?

child face doesn't bother me as much as the border. EXCELLENT JOB!!!!

Great shot! Yes a little lightening of the child's face would be nice but not essential. Composition is very good and the actual picture speaks volumes. My only problem is with the title within the frame. I feel it's way to big and bold. I would leave it out completely. I have found that by not having a title for the shot (unless it's a landscape saying location) is better as each person who looks at the photo may get a different feeling/emotion from the scene and if it's not what you felt they may not be as attracted to it as they want to be. This can be more important if you want to sell the image too.

All that aside, mount it, frame it and hang it!!! It's a really nice shot and you should be very happy with the result.

Thanks, everyone!

Here is a final, tweaked version.

To answer some of the questions:

Yes that's the mother and her child.

No, they did not pose for me. This was taken via telephoto lens just after he had fallen and banged his head at his 2nd birthday party. She was consoling him.

Here it is:

Nuture2.jpg

What do you think? Better?

Most reactions

Back