NYC Christmas

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Beautiful set, that 1st one could be a center spread in a travel magazine.

Gorgeous!!! ❤ I agree with Smoke about the first one, getting the Radio City signs in the background, AND their reflections, was inspired.

A close second is #4, I love the perspective of this one, following those giant ornaments up the stairs.

It looks like a blast. I agree that NYC is just magical during the holidays. It's been many years since I made that trip and I still recall it fondly.

Great shooting!!

Very good shots, NYC is an amazing place at any time.....

Very festive- lovely images too:)

I am avoiding cities as this Omicron virus is running rife over here :(

Les

Beautiful set, that 1st one could be a center spread in a travel magazine.
Wow thanks that’s very nice of you to say!

Gorgeous!!! ❤ I agree with Smoke about the first one, getting the Radio City signs in the background, AND their reflections, was inspired.

A close second is #4, I love the perspective of this one, following those giant ornaments up the stairs.

It looks like a blast. I agree that NYC is just magical during the holidays. It's been many years since I made that trip and I still recall it fondly.

Great shooting!!
The first one, noticed when we were done shooting that the tree wasn’t lit! I used some LRC trickery to select and light the tree them had to add it to the reflection. It was a lot of trial and error but I’m happy with the way it turned out. #4 shot on iPhone 12pro! All 3 of us were amazed at the results we got shooting the lights with our phones. Especially in locations where tripods were not allowed. The phones kicked but on hand holding our expensive cameras for the night stuff.
Very good shots, NYC is an amazing place at any time.....
Thanks….

Very festive- lovely images too:)

I am avoiding cities as this Omicron virus is running rife over here :(

Les
Thank you.

re Covid- We are all vaxed and boosted plus we spent most of our time there outdoors. We masked when we couldn’t avoid crowds and were happy to see most everyone else did too. NYC requires proof of vax for indoor dining which was good. I was happy with the precautions we took but I also stayed away from family and friends for 5 days following and then got a Covid test just to be sure. I would have loved to stay longer - dine at our favorite places and see a Broadway show but that can wait for another time.

Beautiful set. I like the hot air balloon in the last.

Killer set, thanks for sharing!

I am not a big Christmas person, but NYC does it right. Really quite a sight. You've captured it beautifully.

wow i enjoyed all these photos.. great photography of awesome displays....

Thank you.

re Covid- We are all vaxed and boosted plus we spent most of our time there outdoors. We masked when we couldn’t avoid crowds and were happy to see most everyone else did too. NYC requires proof of vax for indoor dining which was good. I was happy with the precautions we took but I also stayed away from family and friends for 5 days following and then got a Covid test just to be sure. I would have loved to stay longer - dine at our favorite places and see a Broadway show but that can wait for another time.
I am not for one second doubting you did exactly as you should, given the pandemic- Just my personal opinion that I will not be visiting London this Christmas, something I do most years, to shoot similar images to the ones you shot- which I love by the way :)

Have a lovely Christmas

Les

I am not for one second doubting you did exactly as you should, given the pandemic- Just my personal opinion that I will not be visiting London this Christmas, something I do most years, to shoot similar images to the ones you shot- which I love by the way :)

Have a lovely Christmas

Les
London is on my Christmas list for next year! Here’s hoping things are much improved in 2022!!

Wonderful amazing set!! :encouragement:

Absolutely beautiful! And #4 on an iPhone! Amazing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back