TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Northeastern University, originally from Philly
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looks like I get to be the one to start the thread :cheer:

I think I got some really nice photos in New York this weekend. I'm itching to share them, so I'll post a small first load now (I'd do more, but really should get to sleep). Enjoy :)

1. One of the first shots I took in Manhattan; taken just after leaving Calumet Photo where I rented a 24mm lens for a day (at the moment my bag only has a 50mm and a lensbaby in it, and I really wanted a wide angle for NYC).
nyc1.jpg

2. Near our hotel, there was some kind of famine memorial that had some cool looking stone and stuff. In the background is the World Financial Center.
nyc2.jpg

3. Construction. I like taking photos of construction because I know that some day, in perhaps a year or two, there will be a complete building there, and that people will forget what was in that place before. ;-)
nyc3.jpg

4. From on top of the famine memorial thing. The photo above was taken from about the same location, but facing about 90° to the left. Our hotel is that building on the left. The World Financial Center is on the right. Ground zero is down the street (hard to see at this size)
nyc4.jpg

5. Jersey City, taken from the waterfront near our hotel. This is actually part of a panorama that I plan to post later
nyc5.jpg

6. A long exposure in Times Square
nyc6.jpg

7. Another Times Square shot.
nyc8.jpg

8. One more:
nyc9.jpg

Hope you enjoy :)

These are beautiful, Sky!!!!

I just got home about 10 minutes ago...and since it's 1am, you won't be seeing anything from me til tomorrow. :p

I cannot WAIT to see more pictures from everyone!!!!! I had an absolute blast this weekend....words can't even describe it.....all I can say is this...

BEST. MEETUP. EVER.

So few photos only. I want to see MORE!
And soon! *stomps foot* :irked:

:lol:

Hey folks, I am really, really, really curious to see many more of your photos, also photos of MEMBERS! Though it looks good to see pics from NYC again (it'll soon be a year since we were there, imagine that: another YEAR! *shakes head in disbelief about how fast time flies*)

So few photos only. I want to see MORE!
And soon! *stomps foot* :irked:

:lol:

Hey folks, I am really, really, really curious to see many more of your photos, also photos of MEMBERS! Though it looks good to see pics from NYC again (it'll soon be a year since we were there, imagine that: another YEAR! *shakes head in disbelief about how fast time flies*)

Oh, no worries, Corinna....*I* was there...there WILL be pictures of members! I promise you! :D I have another 2 hours at work, then I'll be free to start uploading and editing my pics...but it's a BEAUTIFUL DAY OUT!!! 40 when I left for NYC, in the mid 70's today! :shock: ...so I am required to take my dog for a nice long walk...THEN I'll edit and post. I promise. And I can't wait. This was an amazing meetup (check out my loooong synopsis in Off Topic)

Oh, no worries, Corinna....*I* was there...there WILL be pictures of members! I promise you! :D I have another 2 hours at work, then I'll be free to start uploading and editing my pics...but it's a BEAUTIFUL DAY OUT!!! 40 when I left for NYC, in the mid 70's today! :shock: ...so I am required to take my dog for a nice long walk...THEN I'll edit and post. I promise. And I can't wait. This was an amazing meetup (check out my loooong synopsis in Off Topic)
She's not kidding! She should work as a member of the papparazzi! You should see her in action...stalking her prey and then BANG! She's got you! LOL

#2 is a picture of where i work..lol

Very nice!! I can't wait to see more!

I got back home and realized that I only had photos of Corry and Sky, and one of Jim (torus), so to the others, I apologize, and say it was amazing meeting all of you, I think I can speak for everyone saying we had a blast. Very nice work, Sky, when did you take 5!? OMG beautiful!

Guess I'll continue here...

Friday Night:
1. Sir on the SIR (torus34 on the Staten Island Rail)
SirontheSIRforum.jpg

2. The Times
Timesforum.jpg

Saturday
3. Chat Crew
ThreeinTimesforum.jpg

4. There was some sort of protest on the Brooklyn Bridge:
ProtestoverBrooklynforum.jpg

5. We don't know who they are...but the one closest gave me a really dirty look.
PeepShowforum.jpg

6. Gull.
Gullforum.jpg

7. The Guard
GuardPigeonforum.jpg

8. City Viewing
CityViewingforum.jpg

9. Grace
Graceforum.jpg

Sunday
10. Sun over the Horizon (in the Hotel)
YellowAbstractforum.jpg

11. WTC7 (An abstract of the World Trade Center Building 7, completed 2006)
WTC7forum.jpg

12. Sky
Skyhlouetteforum.jpg

13. Jersey
Jerseyforum.jpg

14. Greenwich Street (World Trade Center 7)
GreenwichStreetforum.jpg

We had such a great time. And somne great food.

You both blow my pics out of the water, and I haven't even posted mine yet. Simply stunning. I really need to start watching exactly what you do more closely.

Holy kamoly, Joe, that's a sweet first post of pics...I love the ones of Sky and 'Grace'

WOW!!!

speechless...

Great pictures so far from both of you and I cant wait to see more (Or see any from Corry)

Ok...my turn!

I've spent the last 6 hour straight doing nothing but editing. I haven't even eaten dinner, and it's 10pm! :shock:

Friday Night. Times Square.
TimesSquarelighttrailsSM.jpg

TimeSquarelighttrails2SM.jpg

Saturday Morning: The meet up.
3. Evil Sky
EvilSkySM.jpg

4. Jim (Torus34)
JimTorus2SM.jpg

5. Chris (Digital Flower)
ChrisDigitalFlowerSM.jpg

6. Dave (NYBrit)
NYBritSM.jpg

7. Jim
JimTorusSMjpg.jpg

8. "Don't come any closer..."
SquawkSM.jpg

9. "I said...DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!"
SQUAAWKsm.jpg

10. "That's it, I'm outta here!"
OuttaHereSM.jpg

11. Sky
NYCSky1SM.jpg

NYCSky2sm.jpg

13. Chinatown
ChinatownSM.jpg

14. The NYC 2007 Group. Chris, Sky, Corry, Joe, Dave, Jim
NYCGroupPhotoSM.jpg

15. Joe, Me, and Sky in Times Square
MeJoeSkyTimesSquareSM.jpg

16. Mr GQ on his cell in Times Square
NYCSky3SM.jpg

17. Joe
NYCJoe1sm.jpg

18. Joe did it better...but...oh well.
GraceSM.jpg

Saturday Night
19. The Avenue Q group. Joe, Corry, Sky, Jon, Becca (Joe's roommates)
AveQGroupSM.jpg

20. Joe, me, Sky (Look at lucky me, standin' between those two sizzlin' studs! :sexywink: )
JoeMeSkyAveQsm.jpg

Sunday
21. Me and my boys in front of Lady Liberty (look closely...it's back there...I swear!)
JoeMeSkyStatueOfLibertySM.jpg

22. Sky
NYCSkySM.jpg

23. Joe
NYCJoeSm.jpg

24. Me and Sky
MeSkyTimesSquareSM.jpg

25. Me and Joe
MeJoeTimesSquareSM.jpg

26. Sky...taken by Sky
SkytakenbySkySM.jpg

27. Joe in the hotel lobby