NYC Skyline from NYC

shady195

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went down to the city for a few hours to meetup with some friends, ended up strolling over to the otherside into New Jersey to grab some cityscape shots. First time I've ever done one of these, unedited with a slight crop due to some slight light bleed on the bottom in the water from a streetlamp.

This was shot with the 35MM 1.8 at F11 @ 1/25 IIRC, i personally like it a little darker at 1/30 or doing BULB it was a bit to much IMO, and very mild HDR might have served but i'm not the biggest fan of it. I do have exact shots as this with the 18-105 kit, its nice and much wider but not as sharp, but all my "good lenses" are 35 and up. I'll be ordering the Tokina 11-16 shortly, would have really liked to have had that lens in the city last night.

NYC-154-XL.jpg

Someone please fix the title. I havent slept since yesterday as when i get home it was already morning figured I mine as well stay up.. needless to say I'm a bit dyslexic at the moment.

Nice effort. Since the skyline and its refection is the subject and not the sky, I would have composed the picture so that the sky was relegated to just 1/3 of your image. It certainly would have made for a much stronger presentation.

i agree that you probably didn't need to include so much sky. i am also dying to see whats to the left of the image (some kind of glowing blue building it looks like from the light?). maybe a two image stitch to create a panorama would have been nice.

I would have had to crop the top quite a bit and I just dident care for how it looked, i really dident want to edit these to much. I was unable to bring the camera down any further due to the location I was takin ghte picture from having street lamps reflecting in the water, I actually had to crop the little bit that was there out as it was quite hideous. I did try stitching another photo I had but the exposures and lens was a little different, while close no matter what I did I could not get it to look "right"

Thanks for the words though guys, appreciate it as this was my first time doing this.

I was honestly just thinking too that next time I go down there im bringing black garbage bags and covering up the 3 lights that were causing the light bleed

Most reactions

New Topics

Back