NYC Street Photos

Nygdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Picture006.jpg

I think this turned out nicely, I hadn't even thought that I'd be lucky enough to catch it as it whizzed by.

Picture003.jpg

I think general street shots are uninteresting, this one doesn't convince me otherwise.

Picture010.jpg

I have no idea how this happened. These guys were ranting about terrorists and what not. The building looks like its on fire in the background, but of course its not.

Picture007.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/Nygdan/NYC/Picture008.jpg
I think that the second photo here is better than the one above it, despite having less 'detail'. I've opted to not post it as a photo because its too wide.

Comments and criticisms appreciated. There are a few more available at photobucket here.

Wow - I think the third shot is COOL!!! :thumbup: It's terrific that it's blurred, the suggestion of action actually makes it more compelling. Great capture.

I like the blur in the first shot, as well. Thanks for sharing these, nice work. :D

I honestly don't know what happened in that third one, I think I had it in a completely different mode, and things got blurred and over exposed in all sorts of wierd ways.

I wish i could take credit for it! It was purely accidental really. It reminds me of that saying :
"That which achieves its effect by accident is not art"

I really like the first one. I like how it shows the action while the NYPD is still pretty sharp. Your timing is much better than mine. ;) Great work on all of them.

I'll join the group of those who like the first photo. I think that one came out almost perfectly, intended or not. The letters NYPD are all in focus, so it is absolutely clear what we're seeing, all this surrounded by visible action - a very good "urban jungle" photo (therefore readymade for the Photo Themes, where there is a theme called 'urban jungle' [or so...] up somewhere) - those who check out the Photo Themes for the first time will have to "dig deep" for some existing themes, but that can also be fun ;).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back