Oak Creek

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are from a recent trip to Oak Creek, near Sedona - hence the reds... :D overall i was disappointed with my shots. It is such a beautiful spot, i don't feel like i captured it very well... bad light i guess :grumpy: . these are the better ones that i got...

oakcreek_3900copy.jpg

oakcreek_3950copy.jpg

oakcreek_3950bwcopy.jpg

riley_3926.jpg

#2 is beautiful!

I think #1 would make an awesome abstract if you crop out that little bit of light in the upper right hand corner and maybe even rotate 180? It's still a beautiful area the way it is.

:thumbup: , great shots, really like the 4th one!!!

Really like the first and second shots.....dont be too dissapointed to someone who has never been there...like me... there v.interesting shots :thumbup:

Ah. With "The Wall Of Many Faces" I understand your first pic in "Ice" a lot better. This is offering me the context that was missing from the other and made understanding it so difficult.

This is ONE cool place.
I would not associate "ice" with these red earth colours, but... It is there. (Or isn't that pond frozen?)

thanks everybody, love your comments!

LaFoto said:
Ah. With "The Wall Of Many Faces" I understand your first pic in "Ice" a lot better. This is offering me the context that was missing from the other and made understanding it so difficult.

This is ONE cool place.
I would not associate "ice" with these red earth colours, but... It is there. (Or isn't that pond frozen?)
In #1, there was a very thin sheet of crystal clear ice across the top... you really couldn't even see it, but you could see pinecones and other debris sitting on TOP of the creek! The ice was thick enough to walk on in other parts of the creek, i only fell through once! i had a very cold foot for the hike back to the jeep...

this is a pic of my puppy walking on the frozen creek... http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39906

Great shots. Number 2 is my fave.
cute pooch too.

Looks like a beautiful area. Although I love it out in Red Rock country, photographing it is always such a challenge, isn't it? All that.....bigness in the landscape around you, and when you raise the camera to your eye and see the little patch of it in your viewfinder, it can be frustrating. :) I was in Bryce Canyon last October and used my wide angle lens more than anything. :lol:

Love your B&W conversion of the creek shot. Really nice. And it appears you have very charming company on your hikes, too. :D

terri said:
Looks like a beautiful area. Although I love it out in Red Rock country, photographing it is always such a challenge, isn't it? All that.....bigness in the landscape around you, and when you raise the camera to your eye and see the little patch of it in your viewfinder, it can be frustrating. :) I was in Bryce Canyon last October and used my wide angle lens more than anything. :lol:

Love your B&W conversion of the creek shot. Really nice. And it appears you have very charming company on your hikes, too. :D

i love the challenge, that's what makes photography interesting for me. trying to capture the beauty of a place with just one small photo... that's why this trip was disappointing for me, it really is a breathtaking place and the VAST majority of my shots just seemed mediocre and ordinary. i guess i will just have to keep trying... oh darn.

the frustrating part is my "charming company" trying to get into every shot... but not standing still long enough have her photo taken... :x

;) thanks for the comments everybody!

Most reactions

Back