Obey the law

Do it! Now!! :lol:

That is one of the chapters in this book I'm reading: The 48 laws of power. I'm about half way through it, very good so far. You should check it out - very informative.

Amazon.com: The 48 Laws of Power (9780140280197): Robert Greene: Books

Each chapter is a "law" - it then gives you historical examples of people who obeyed the law, and of those who didn't. Even if you don't desire power, it is still good information. It will show you how to manipulate people, or how to tell if you are being manipulated. Also, these techniques are being used against you already - if you want to counter them, you have to at least know that it's happening.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
"do not commit to anyone"

so i guess marriage is out the window...

Josh it's kinda cool how it the print has this layered/3D effect to it. Reminds me of the Nintendo 3DS - no need to commit to 3D glasses.

What was the full sentence?
That was it. It's just the name of that chapter.

There is a sentence or two under the title, which reads: "It is the fool who always rushes to take sides. Do not commit to any cause or side but yourself. By maintaining your independence, you become the master of others -- playing people against one another, making them pursue you."

It then goes on to talk about Queen Elizabeth I, Henry Kissinger, and Picasso, among others.

Last edited:
I tore a gub'ment warning tag off of a throw pillow in a furniture store once--and I was not the original consumer!!! I still feel like a law breaker...sometimes I have nightmares about ripping that tag off...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back