Offbeat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
Id just like a bit of feed back about these few pictures. There part of an object brief I'm doing for Uni, basically exploring lighting techniques and how to photograph objects or products. Anyway just let me know what you think, what I can improve on or what you like about them.

2102183702_267fdfda5d_o.jpg

2101403917_2fd586dcd0_o.jpg

2101403079_57054acdc5_o.jpg

2102182670_8727858cb9_o.jpg

2101402685_9a4775bb58_o.jpg

2073919741_c6aabb2199_o.jpg

Thanks Matt

Along with being too dark in general, I would add that the on camera flash is not doing you any favors. Particularly with the glass products.

I didnt use flash for any, had to use a table lamp as i dont have studio lighting. I did have a go at making a large diffuser but it made it to dark.I couldnt have the lights any brighter and I was shooting hand held. It just on a home made infinity board/large piece of paper.

I think my monitor needs calibrating, when i printed a few of these they came out really dark and with a bit of a yellow tint.

Thanks for the comments

The critique forum rules specify that you are only permitted to post one image for critique at a time. Please edit your post to a single image.

Ahh yeah sorry, missed that bit. I posted them as a group really.

Ill Pm a mod to move it.

Thread moved to the General Gallery and title changed :D - thanks for the PM.

#1 i dont really care for i find roses kind of boring although you made me eat those words because i am in love with #2. i like #3 because in a weird way, the tabasco sauce looks like it has a personality. that bottle looks like a mile long. and #5 i would love to know how you did that. it looks very cool. pweaz lemme in on your secret? :blushing:

The green Bundaberg shot is really interesting. I'm not too sure about the rest of them. I would like the first rose better if more of the petals were visible.

Number two is wonderful!!! In the others I think the background is too dark, so maybe use another light to light it up as well..?

I quite like #2. I've been playing around with it in PS, and it is a very good picture to work with... Hope that you don't mind me experimenting with it.

I don't know about the others.. but #2 stood out to me.

Yea they are all a bit dark. 2 is definitely fixable with some PS love; like night and day if you just tweak it a bit (pulling high-side of the histogram down so you actually have a "complete" range).

I quite like #2. I've been playing around with it in PS, and it is a very good picture to work with... Hope that you don't mind me experimenting with it.

I don't know about the others.. but #2 stood out to me.

No not at all,post it up so i can see:)

Thanks for the comments guys, ill have to revisit this at some point and brighten things up abit.

I really like the second one, and for the others you could possibly get another light from the side to bring out the harsh shadows?

I think in general you could just do with a bit more light. I'm no expert yet but it might be worth a try:D

go to home depot and pick up a couple of 250w or 500w halogen floods. ($10-$25 each) then your diffuser will not make things too dark. if you can shoot in raw you can adjust the white balance afterwards (these floods are pretty yellow). you can do it in-camera beforehand also if you dont have raw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back