Ocean C&C please

I played with the first one a little to see some different things applied to it:

CharlestonOceanSunset-1.jpg

CharlestonOceanGoldenSun2-1.jpg

^^ Cant say i agree with that Edit. Too much yellow imo.

3 is a great shot but i also like the colors and contrast in the 2nd.

3 is definitely a great shot. I like number 1 alot as well, but try to follow the "rule of thirds" with the horizon. Probably more sky would make it stand out a little more. And the horizon looks a little crooked in number 2, but it could be me.
Nice work, i like!

thanks for all your comments guys, they made me feel really good about my progression :blushing: i will absolutely apply the rule of thirds next time im down there, that was something i did forget and usually im good with remembering that. Thanks again for all the kind words!

cheers

-Nick

I LOVE Charleston!!! Out of the 38 states I've been to, Charleston is one of my favorite cities in the country.

I especially love Battery Park, where you took these. I used to go down there every weekend and just walk around and shoot.

Wait til summer when they have the bikini contests out on Foley Beach! Yum.

Like said 1 and 3 are the better. Also like mentioned before everything is center or close to. Always want to think about the rule of thirds. Especially with sky and ocean.
I too am tilting my head to see what's at the end of the dock. It's really nice shot but I would be nice to show the end of the dock or cut off a little more to make the post more of the subject instead of the dock because it's missing something.
Color is real nice in 1.

It's not a dock, it's an elevated walk way that wraps around the park in that part of the harbor. That being said, there is no end to it. ;)

Hmm got ya. It's funny how things are perceived.

By the way Nick, did you go see the fountain that is where Concord and Queen St intersect? It's definitely one of my favorite fountains, I've gotten some pretty amazing shots there!

#3 is great, a beautiful capture.

Juice, i did get to see the fountain. I recently moved to a part of SC near charlotte and i will be taking some more trips down there (about 4 hr drive) with my girlfriend this summer. I love it there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back