OceanSunset

I tend to agree with your last statement Josh, but in this case the water looks pretty good, the sky as well. If anything bothers me its the taper from right to left of the cloud and water distance. It just looks kind of odd but it keeps my eyes running from left to right. Does the deck do anything for you?
1p9bv8.jpg

I was thinking more of having part of the deck in it, to really give the feel you are on a large cruise ship. Don't get me wrong, it looks great as is, but from a composition stand point you usually want some sort of foreground (like I said, I love breaking rules, so it works here.)

I do that kind of stuff on purpose when taking the image, then sit back and watch all of the lemmings post one after another about how I broke their sacred rules. Just give it a try though, I think if it were cropped just a bit off the top or bottom it would look good. The horizon doesn't need to be placed all the way to 1/3 (for all of you lemmings), but a little off center does a lot for an image IMO.

If you notice in my avatar, my horizon is somewhere between the 1/2 and 1/3 mark. You can believe some people had a sh*t-fit over it. :lol:

Last edited:
I Hear you about breaking the rules but truth of the matter is you can’t please everyone, If I had taken the shot with the titled horizon and handrails I am sure the first comment would’ve been the hand rail is distracting and the horizon is crooked.
But to other’s they might like it, so to me it does not matter since it’s a mixed bag here. Can’t win them all and there is never going to be a woohoo everyone agrees moment. I will put it like this when I am on my stateroom balcony do I want to look at the beautiful ocean and sky standing crouched down behind the hand rail trying to look through the openings or do I want to see the whole picture I prefer looking at everything with ought boundaries, and in this shot that is exactly what I wanted.

To be honest with you, I like the first one rather than the ones you posted after.

No matter what the subject is, i love the color, and i am a new guy who failed to get the same result after tried so many times. Would you share how did you get that here? what is the key point or very important tips to get a fancy result?

thanks

First shot ( with the border )...:thumbup: Awesome!
How do you get that transparent border and be able to change the border colors?

Cute watermark too btw, lol.. the little bird ( and the tree) lol... haha.

First shot ( with the border )...:thumbup: Awesome!
How do you get that transparent border and be able to change the border colors?

Cute watermark too btw, lol.. the little bird ( and the tree) lol... haha.

Thanks
I hade posted a how to a while back on how to create the border If you want I will PM you the link

Excellent job on the frame Keith. You say is a Photoshop action? I think too much water has been cropped out. The blurry waves in the foreground give the sense of motion of the boat which I kinda like in the original. I agree with cropping the water some but Id leave about 3x what you show.

Most reactions

Back