October 2015 POTM Nomination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would anticipate this thread being closed on Nov. 3; maybe the 4th, but don't bank on that!
Regardless of what day you actually get around to officially closing the competition, it seems to me that there are already some rules in place to prevent fraud, etc.

Rules, I say! RULZ!!!!!! We needs 'em.

It should be a simple matter to reject photos that are posted in the wrong month, for instance, and I thought there should be a rule that the nomination has to be in the current month as well, even though I know that rule has been suspended at times.

(long-winded bump)

Yes, nominated photos must have been posted during the month of the nomination thread, so a photo posted on Nov. 2 would NOT be eligible for the October POTM thread.
And, yes, if a photo WERE nominated that didn't qualify, I would remove it and explain to the person nominating it why it was removed.

The point of waiting a few days into the new month is just to give those photos posted really LATE in the month a chance to be seen and nominated. For instance, someone might just take a stunning Halloween photo and manage to get it posted on Halloween night. But by the time a viewer sees it and decides to nominate it, it's already November 1.

Depending on circumstances, I might allow a photo posted really late in the month to instead be nominated for the following month's POTM--or, I might allow a photo posted in the wee hours of the first day of the month to qualify for the previous month's nomination thread. Those are a case-by-case basis.

But the EASIEST solution is to simply keep the thread open a couple of days into the new month, and urge everyone to pay careful attention to whether the photo you're considering nominating qualifies for that month's POTM.

And THAT is my even longer response to a long-winded bump. :lol:

(in a slow drawl)

Well, Little Lady, I'll see your bump, and raise you one!

BUMP!

How do you like them apples?

TuckerJr Sunrise is my favorite time of day | Photography Forum

c0433f31d789311a8e6e4327025e4050.jpg

Fair warning: You have approximately 23 hours left to make your nominations for October POTM! I plan to close the nomination thread *around* noon (Eastern time) tomorrow.
Please try to make sure that the photo was actually posted IN October before making your nomination. Obviously, I'll make those final determinations--but it's way easier if each person will just do a little nomination double-check.
(Discount double-check is catchier, but I just didn't have the energy to work it in there... :D )

Wow this is going to be a tough one! So much talent on this forum.

This thread is now closed. To vote, look for the October 2015 POTM Voting Thread (coming soon). To nominate a photo for THIS month, look for the November 2015 POTM Nomination Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back