412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! I need help!

I have a friend who is a local musician/dancer. He is coming out with an album soon and putting it on iTune. He has asked me to take the photo for the cover art but it's much more than 'taking a photo'. I need to find some other resources for the outcome of this cover. We wanted him to be sitting on a cloud overlooking an abandoned city that looks like he is the only one left. Sort of like I am legend. Where it's him against the world. So I have a few options I think...

1. Find an image with the proper license so we can use if modify it and use it commercially .
2. Pay for a license
3. Have a 3D artist recreate a scene for us somehow. I'm not familiar with 3D programs or else I would love to do it.

Anyone have any input. We love this look of this picture but I don't think it's the proper license.

http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/pripyat-abandoned-city.jpg

I would look on iStock, etc for existing images that you can buy usage rights to cheaply. Failing, that, advertise on Craig's List and similar for a local arts student who would be willing to do this cheaply.

Do you live in or near a city? You could destroy it, and then take some pictures. Come on man, are you committed or not?

Or the stock photo thing, that could also work.

This is what stock photo site are for.

Do you live in or near a city? You could destroy it, and then take some pictures. Come on man, are you committed or not?

Or the stock photo thing, that could also work.

Or... just visit Detroit. It's pre-destroyed for you. It'll save you a lot of time and expense trying to get a city ready for "the look" you're after.

One tip... don't come alone. You'll need protection while shooting in the city.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back