OEM Canon Battery Question

mafiosogiacomo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just ordered a 600D from bestpricephoto. They called me to confirm the order, and then asked, "Would you like to start off with a 2hr or 5hr battery?" I asked what that meant, and he continued to tell me that the battery that canon ships with their bodies only lasts 20-30min. I've never had an issue with the included battery with canon DSLRs, and if they're rated in number of exposures rather than "on" - time. I felt that my leg was getting pulled, so I opted out.

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

It's a standard bait and switch line. Tell them no thank you. Next they'll probably tell you that you have to pay for an upgrade to the firmware. Then cancel the order.
Their reseller ratings are good, so hopefully it won't come to that.

Thanks, MLeeK - The body shipped just an hour ago, so I don't think it will come to that either. Tricky though... if they had said "exposures" rather than "minutes/hours," and I hadn't bought a DSLR before... they would have had me.

20-30 Minutes? That's Bull!!! My Canon Point & Shoot can last longer then that (With flash and the lcd is always on) I imagine a DSLR battery can get you an hour easy.

jonathon94 said:
20-30 Minutes? That's Bull!!! My Canon Point & Shoot can last longer then that (With flash and the lcd is always on) I imagine a DSLR battery can get you an hour easy.

They mean it only comes with 20-30 min charge initially. Then it needs to be fully charged for normal use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back