# of exposures

rbconbautista

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How come when I shoot a 36exp roll of film Im only getting 35shots

You're using too much film spooling it into the camera.

Is the 36 frame there but black?

But its an automatic winding camera

Does that mean it spools the film onto the take-up spool automatically as well, or do you still have to do that manually?

How come when I shoot a 36exp roll of film Im only getting 35shots
Instead of winding enough leader on the take-up spool to keep it from slipping out, fold a hard crease into the first one inch of leader that is inserted into the slot. (Keep the fold going the right direction) Then, when you take the first wind, you won't need so much leader to keep the film from slipping.

It's a long time since I've shot 35mm film, but I once managed 39 shots from a roll.
I once got over 40...and then realized the film had slipped off the sprockets somewhere around frame 2.

Just of interest, which brand of film are you using.
Whilst it’s been a v long time since I bought 36 exp rolls on account of buying 5 meters rolls I do rem some brands allowed more film at the start of the roll than others,

Just of interest, which brand of film are you using.
Whilst it’s been a v long time since I bought 36 exp rolls on account of buying 5 meters rolls I do rem some brands allowed more film at the start of the roll than others,
It was Kodak TMax 400 ASA also shot HP5+ but I accidentally opened the camera back on the first few frames so it was completely black for the first few shots

Interesting thing about getting 'just' 35 frames: You'll get an entire roll into just one binder sheet (7 rows of 5 frames each).

51VV1zbwTDL._SY355_.jpg

Most reactions

Back