Off-Camera Flash Setup for OM-D EM1

Vinney Dawson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone!

I've been reading around on the forum and have come across a lot of information, but I'd like to get your input on something.

I'm looking for a wireless off-camera flash setup to be used with my OM-D EM1. The purpose primarily being used for headshot photography.

I'm thinking one flash as a key light to be used with a modifier and another as a back light also to be used with a modifier. I'd also use a reflector which I already have.

So I guess I am looking for a basic two flash setup that can be triggered remotely without line of sight. Do PocketWizards work with the OM-D?

What are your recommendations for flashes and triggers? I'm looking for the most reliable setup possible so money isn't really a concern.

Thanks!

Pocket Wizards will work just fine, but so will more budget-friendly alternatives such as the Yongnuo line. A two light & reflector set-up is very standard for headshots, so it should work well, once you get your particular look dialed in.

Thanks for the fast response! Do you have any recommendations for flashes that will work with the OM-D and PocketWizards? I've been looking at the FL-600R, but I've also come across the Cactus line. I'm just looking for something reliable and will last a decent while.

Almost all (except for Sony/Minolta). Yongnuo and Nissin make some nice, consumer-grade third-party gear. Metz makes some really good third-party stuff, and of course there's always the manufacturer's models.

Most reactions

Back