off camera flash

minister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi ,
after lots of yes and no I have decided to buy a Sunpak PZ42X power flash and I want to know two thing

1. Is it good and auto with Nikon D5000
2. Will I be able to use it off the camera if yes what other things I will require I saw this thread one guy was able to use it with D40 (Sunpak PZ42X not firing off-camera)

so why not with D5000

Please suggest

I just went to B&H to look at the flash. The multiple views of the unit did not show a PC port, went to the spec tab and saw that it does NOT have an off camera terminal. Seems to me to be a hot shoe only flash. You're S.O.L. for OCF methinks.

How about the Vivatar 285HV? It has a greater GN, PC terminal and costs only $90.

I just went to B&H to look at the flash. The multiple views of the unit did not show a PC port, went to the spec tab and saw that it does NOT have an off camera terminal. Seems to me to be a hot shoe only flash. You're S.O.L. for OCF methinks.

How about the Vivatar 285HV? It has a greater GN, PC terminal and costs only $90.

As long as it has an adjustable manual mode, then he's fine. Canon's 420EX II doesn't have a sync port on it and I still manage to fanagle them into working off camera.

FlashZebra.com: Female Hotshoe to Pocket Wizard, CyberSync or Elinchrom Skyport (Item #0126)

So do I take it as yes

IMHO: I would spend 60 more dollars and get a refurbished SB-600.

I am little confuse here will this work on my sunpack flash , because first i have to buy flash than hot shoe

Your camera has a hot shoe on top, I believe this cord is basically just a hot shoe extension to allow you to move the flash off the camera. But the redtippmann does have a point...rather than look for a 3rd party solution that could cost anywhere from $20 and up, why not spend $60 extra dollars and get a refurbished SB-600.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
But friends in my country refurbished item is hard to find ,india.
and new is out of my range now

Most reactions

Back