Off Camera Flashes

KevinisXavier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
About a month ago I purchased my first flash (Canon Speedlight 430 Ex II) but I've been doing a lot of research on how to get if off the camera to do some strobe work.

Currently I am using a very primitive invention where I take and older rebel Body, mount the flash on that and use a remote to make my Rebel T1i go off the same time the other rebel goes off.

I would like to know how to to take the flash off the camera without any wires preferably with radio triggers or other triggers of any kind.
I've been looking at the Cactus v4's but I am not sure what I need in addition to the triggers themselves (Hotshoe Cables, pc cables etc.)

Any suggestions?

This is kind of random, because i have this flash myself, but do you just mainly shoot in auto? i haven't really ventured with it too much, got it a month ago :p

Actually I use manual, I sorta understand how to work the flash, I just don't know what cables I should get or transmitters I should get, or if the transmitters need wires

About a month ago I purchased my first flash (Canon Speedlight 430 Ex II) but I've been doing a lot of research on how to get if off the camera to do some strobe work.

Currently I am using a very primitive invention where I take and older rebel Body, mount the flash on that and use a remote to make my Rebel T1i go off the same time the other rebel goes off.

I would like to know how to to take the flash off the camera without any wires preferably with radio triggers or other triggers of any kind.
I've been looking at the Cactus v4's but I am not sure what I need in addition to the triggers themselves (Hotshoe Cables, pc cables etc.)

Any suggestions?
PT-04 CN II Radio Wireless Remote Flash Trigger Set—1Rx - eBay (item 280422517717 end time Jan-10-10 19:39:52 PST)

totally wireless. The V4's have had some troubles but the V2's are pretty solid.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i have the same that KmH posted, just get them, they're exactly what u need if you're a guy who wants something really bad but doesn't have the cash.. if your wallet is loaded get the original pocket wizards.

I just told my wife I wanted something like this last night....so I bought it. Not bad for $22.00 free shipping. Hope it works with my set up.

Thanks for posting the link.

I ordered a pair of those a couple of weeks ago but they haven't gotten here yet. I got an email from the the seller saying they are shipped but he is outside the US and said it may take 3 weeks for them to get here. I can't wait to try them out!

They come from China so it depends how quick the ship is at getting across the Pacific.

For the money, they're hard to beat.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back