Off to the Races

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken at the 'Race Track' in Death Valley a couple weeks ago. It's hard to come up with a different view of something that's been photographed a million times.

109547802-O-2.jpg

109626593-O.jpg

Wow, another incredible Woodsac thread! That first one ROCKS. I love so many things about it: the composition, the detail in the dried earth, the tones in the mountain range, the contrast between the foreground and background, and that lovely 'swoosh' leading one's eye into the photo. I love love love this one.

Antarctican said:
That first one ROCKS.
:meh: :meh: :meh:

:biglaugh:

Regardless of whether or not it's been shot a countless number of times before, it's always different, and always makes an interesting subject. I like the contrast in you shots.

have i been living under a rock? where are all the other photos of this? I feel so lost... as I have never seen anything like this before. The photos are awesome though. well done as usual. i'm off to the internet to learn something new... :thumbup:

Those, are the very, very best I've ever seen of the Racetrack. No kidding, the best! Thanks for sharing them.

wow that first one is a framer if ever i saw one.... excellent work woods this place looks awesome :thumbup:

#1 is great!!

Did you figure out how they movewhile you were there??

So am I the only one that didn't know about 'the race track'? :blushing::blushing:

But that's not important.

Woodsac, these are absolutely stunning! Really.

pascal

Many, many thanks to everyone :)

This is a really neat place. There's a ton of info on the net if anyone's interested. In all that I've read, I can't believe nobody told me how freakn' cold it was back in the valley on the way there!

It was 58* just outside of Scotty's Castle, Death Valley at 6:30am. When I got to the racetrack at 8am, it was only 35*. And at one point on the way there...it dropped to 25*!!!.

It was definitely worth the 60 mile round trip of rough dirt road. Pictures just don't do this place justice. I'd like to go back just before a storm and catch some really dramatic, low clouds.

I've never even heard of this place and I live in Cali :(
So whats the deal on these rocks? I'll probably just google it. #1 is awesome but #2 is funny it looks like the others are trying to catch the first one.

I been looking at my punny shots. Yours make me want to go back. You been through the Hunter mtn. - Lippencott loop?

I actually haven't seen that many photos of this phenomenon ... and I never tire of seeing them. These are fantastic Woody! The tones you've captured in the first are amazing but I also really love the 2nd one, looks like a trilobites race (hence the title I guess). I bet the first one would look good with a superlong exposure to blur the clouds loads, guess it would be difficult with all that harsh sunlight. I'd so love to get some pics around your way Woody.

Top stuff! :thumbup:

Your pictures always seem unique to me no matter what the subject. The second picture kinda makes the rocks look like their in a race. I like the flattening affect of the bg making, it look like a huge wall.

I was in Death Valley for one day in August, I really regret not being able to spend more time, what an amazing location. I went down through hell's gate and I thought I would never stop decending.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back