Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To: All staff
Re: Teacher In Service Training Schedule (T.I.T.S.)

In accordance with recent changes in the State Education Law, our district is now required to supply bigger and better T.I.T.S. for each employee.

We are therefore pleased to announce the implementation of the Special High Intensity Training program (S.H.I.T.). It is our intention to give each member of the staff as much S.H.I.T. as possible. Advancement, salary increases, and job changes will be dependent on the amount of S.H.I.T. you have taken.

Employees who feel they have taken as much S.H.I.T. as they can may apply to the School Council for Review of Educational Welfare (S.C.R.E.W.). All employees are expected to be S.C.R.E.W.'d at least annually. If you have taken S.H.I.T. and have been S.C.R.E.W.'d within the past academic year, you will be eligible to receive a Self Help Award for Teachers (S.H.A.F.T.).

Any employee who has been given the S.H.A.F.T. will not be expected to take as much S.H.I.T. the following year.

The only exception to this regulation are those teachers who have Bilingual Activities in Language, Literature and Science (B.A.L.L.S.). Teachers with enough B.A.L.L.S. may avoid being S.C.R.E.W.'d annually. Teachers in this category are eligible for courses offered by the Boston University Local Language program (B.U.L.L.). Approval for B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T. courses must be obtained from the Superintendent's Office-Business (S.O.B.). Only the S.O.B. can determine how much S.H.I.T. an employee must take before being S.C.R.E.W.'d.

Those teachers who have taken enough S.H.I.T. courses, have S.C.R.E.W.'d, and given the S.H.A.F.T. are eligible for the Regional Educational Division Award for Superior Service (R.E.D.A.S.S.). Only teachers with R.E.D.A.S.S. will be considered for administrative positions and entitled to give more S.H.I.T. than they take.

it's good to see the oldies now and then.

Ha, ha... very good. ;)

Aaron

Most reactions

Back