Oh Balls

deeky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A little project with my daughter and I sidetracked for a bit to pop a few picks.

As always, comments welcome.

IMG_2104a1 by breckmiller, on Flickr

Intriguing. What is it ? Glass ?

I like it, though I am pretty into abstract things. I would make it pop the contrast a little more, and a more narrow crop with a little vignette. Are they marbles?

They started as little beads about the size of a mustard seed. Soak them in water for a few hours and they grow to slightly larger than a pea and bounce like crazy (chased a few down during the project). They then are put into a clear container with led's in the middle for a mood lamp. Brand name is Orbeez. My daughter loves it, but try explaining what a mood lamp is to a 7-year old.

Thanks for the comments - I'll paly with those and share later.

Nice
bigthumb.gif

Do you know if you soak them in different colored water, will the hydrate with the color? These sound like they could be a lot of fun!

I agree about getting in closer and boosting the contrast. The beads look interesting, but I want to see a closer view.

Do you know if you soak them in different colored water, will the hydrate with the color? These sound like they could be a lot of fun!

They actually come in different colors. This has clear and blue in it. Here's the original:

IMG_2104 by breckmiller, on Flickr

Per comments, here's another edit. Unfortunately, I'm only shooting 8.3 megapixels, so zooming in gets grainy.

IMG_2104a2 by breckmiller, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back