Oh calamity!!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is a big farmstead at the entrance to my village, and part of it looked like this in May:

A_Gutshof2.jpg

Or a detail here (taken at the same time):

A_Gutshof.jpg

But uh-oh! Something happened in the night from Sunday to Monday!

A_Gutshof3.jpg

A_Gutshof4.jpg

(These two were taken by my daughter while we were driving past yesterday night on our way to the pool)

A_Gutshof6.jpg

A_Gutshof7.jpg

A_Gutshof5.jpg

And I took these last three after I had dropped Sabine off at the pool and was back "home" some 40 minutes later, and they (among other things) show that low light and the tele function of my little compact digital don't go well together... Hmph.

Anyhow: sad ending of a big shed - hopefully it had contained only hay and not cows!

What an unhappy development.
Same Thing happened in my hometown a year ago.
A homestead burned down, and plenty pigs were burned alive. Tragic occurence.

hard to look at the damage, and not wanna cringe... its was such a cool looking barn, and farmstead.....hope they build back..

The fire was first reported at 1 o'clock Monday morning.
Now it is Tuesday night and the fire fighters are STILL at work, pulling out hay, spreading it all across the expanse of land in front and pouring loads and loads of water on it. STILL! NOW! Hay fires are so tricky...

Trinity said:
What an unhappy development.
Same Thing happened in my hometown a year ago.
A homestead burned down, and plenty pigs were burned alive. Tragic occurence.

Is it wrong I wondered if it smelt good? :meh:

Hope they will be able rebuild.

Well, all I can say about this barn is that still today (Thursday) there is a very bad smell of fire all around the building (I pass by this one several times a day) --- no smell of roast beef, though. (I say fortunately, though roast beef does smell nicer than a burnt-down barn!)

Most reactions

Back